Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello guys, please help me,HP Deskjet F2280  I also have almost the same problem the swath is almost 5minutes. I already reinstall the software. We just bought a refill of the ink. I don't know if it prints one cartridge, I'm afraid to try that I might broke our printer. Thanks please reply.

HP Recommended

what if the cartridge i remove is the one that has ink and the cartdrige that prints at normal speed doesnt print anything

HP Recommended

@iamkare20 wrote:

what if the cartridge i remove is the one that has ink and the cartdrige that prints at normal speed doesnt print anything

Then you should replace both cartridges.  Replacing the one that was causing the slow printing will resolve the slow printing issue, but you will not be able to print in color (or black, depending on which cartridge is empty).

By the way, refill cartridges have rather poor reliability and you may find they are more trouble than they are worth.  Click here for a study of third party refill/remanufactured cartridge reliability.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hello I have an HP Officejet 5610 all-in-one

When I try to Print it has 15-20 sec delay before each swipe 

Please help I love my Printer

Thank-you

HP Recommended

@Apriliny wrote:

Hello I have an HP Officejet 5610 all-in-one

When I try to Print it has 15-20 sec delay before each swipe 

Please help I love my Printer

Thank-you

This is caused by the failure of one of your cartridges.  Remove the black cartridge and print a test page.  Does the printer print at normal speed?  Is so the black cartridge was the issue and should be replaced.  If not then put the black cartridge back in and remove the color cartridge and print test page.  If the printer now prints normal speed the color cartridge was at fault and needs to be replaced.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

There is something very inadequate with the HP print drivers.  It needs to be fixed so that consumers are not aggravated by waiting 10 minutes for a printout.    PLEASE HELP US!  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Same problem.  Started this weekend on TWO different HP printers.  4100 and DJ1055.  Tried six computers in our house.  Connected via USB.  I have replaced ALL cartridges in BOTH printers with BRAND NEW HP BRAND cartridges.  I have never used a non-HP brand cartridge in my printers and only use NEW (not refilled) cartridges.  The problem is not the cartridge with this many people.  The problem is a bug in your driver.  Please give us some response that will actually work.

HP Recommended

If you believe the problem is in the driver, you could try using an alternate print driver to test the theory.  It might fix the problem.  Below is a link out to the instructions.  Let me know what happens.

How to Assign Alternate Print Drivers in Different Versions of Windows.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Hey bob Thanx

HP Recommended

Actually, my parents have the same issue on their HP printer last week too, and they live across the United States.  The only similarity is we all installed BRAND NEW, UNOPENED HP BRAND printer cartridges between the 3 printers.  All printer cartridges were bought at OfficeMax (in Minnesota or Texas) over the last year.  If HP's theory is still it is a bad cartridge, then HP sent out a BIG batch of defective cartridges to OfficeMax to sell.  Installed an old cartidge and everything is normal. HP needs to look into a recall, I am not happy about being out the cost of 4 cartridges.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.