Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Picardje wrote:

Hi,

If the printer is turned on but the os is stating it is offline, go to the control panel and find printers. Right click the icon of your printer and choose the option "use printer online". If this doeasnt work for you provide me with some more info.

The option "use printer online" Does NOT appear. How do I proceed please

HP Recommended

Hi folks,

I understand you are having issues printing. Use the following document to troubleshoot 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print.

The following symptoms might also accompany this issue, and this document does address these other symptoms:
  • Printer won't print
  • No response from the printer
For those of you using Windows operating system please use the HP Print and Scan Doctor. The  HP Print and Scan Doctor  was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

If you require further assistance please post back with the following information
  1. Product number.
  2. Operating system, Mac  or Windows.
  3. Any error's you may see on the printer or computer.
  4. Screen shots if applicable.
  5. Whether the printer is connected wirelessly or with a USB cable.

Thanks, hope this resolves the issue for the majority of you experiencing it.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

After freaking out and panicing, I turned everything off, calmed down, and rebooted.  I think my HP printer apologized. Sometimes the simplest stupid fixes stare you in the face, but they often work; I learned that in 1997 when I met my 1st PC.  I was scared about EVERYTHING PC-wise, but I had a patient mentor and am addicted.  You may want to UNISTALL your printer software and reistall it.

Nothing is guaranteed, but it's worked for me and relatives more than once.  Macs?  No clue (and too expensive).

Hope this helps for a start.  I lost my right arm more than a year ago; I just got faster with my left arm..."if you can't be with the you love, love the one you're with".  Same with my digital cameras and Android smart phone; ya do what you gotta do, mistakes and all.  Adapt, don't feel sorry for yourself (some people have problems that make ours so bearable, even with my arm-loss); think of our returning soldiers, psysically and emotionally troubled...how can they re-adapt as "citizens"?  It's works, eventually, I hope.  They make me and my damage (stupid, avoidable drug-related) seem minor.  Makes playing my guitar a challenge lol.  As they say in Canada: :When in DOOT, reboot.--Scotty in Georgia

HP Recommended

@lesilove1 wrote:

How do I get my printer back online?

@lesilove1 wrote:

HP Recommended

I start "simple".  Turn everything off.  Reboot.  It's often worked for me 
(unless it Mac-related.  Then I'm clueless.)

HP Recommended
My printer went off line. I right click to get it back to ready and the printer still not working
HP Recommended

I right clicked and choose use printer on line.....no luck

HP Recommended

my printer is off line

HP Recommended

When I try to print off the web  my printer replies  it is  off line.

How do I get my printer back on line?

HP Recommended

Hello All,

Please see Sunshyn2005's post above on the issue with your printer showing "offline". Click here to go to post.

As mentioned in the post, if any of you are working with a Mac or require further assistance, please respond with the information required and stated in the post.

Thanks! 🙂

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.