Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response and I did clean printhead .  However,  it only skpi black ink part of printin skips or prints only half of documents .  It doeas not print the whole documrent as it written. If I were to pre view it show full document but it does not print. I heve  HP Officejet 8500 A909a, four in one. What ever help you provide will be appreciate. Thanks. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.  It could be one of two things: the most common being ink or printhead related and the rarest being something mechanical like the paper is slipping or your USB cord is going bad if that is how it is connected.  In the setup menu>>reports>>print a Printer Status Report and you will see a line that says "Printhead Life" on this page.  

If this page prints fine, then it is a connection or mechanical issue but if every other line or half of the page prints, it could be your printheads.  In this printer they are expensive and nearing their end-of-life if you have never changed these out but you can try removing it and putting them back in (two cartridge-looking containers in bottom left of printer).  They are hard to remove so be careful but try reseating them and print that report and let me know how that page looks - if it is missing lines as well and that will help me help you determine the next step.  Good luck!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

I do thank you for your assistnace.  I follow your instruction by cleaning printerhead for 6 minutes and two other functions.

Now it is working fine up to now and let us hope it does not happen again.

However I must tell you that I had replace hp ink cartige with non-hp(Amazon) and also Comcast had change its cable/data/internet/WIFI tower for so called improvement which has affected my compuer system, TV audio and other. Since I am not a technically smart, so I am in process calling Audio/Vidio Tech.

But most importantly, your instruction was excellent and to the point.

I do thnak you for your help. 

HP Recommended

You are welcome and I am very happy to hear that.  Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance.  Good luck with your new network and have a great weekend.

Happy Printing!
       😄

HP Recommended
Hi I have a hp 1515 printer I tried shutting down both printer n laptop (connected via USB) my printer was skippin wit printing and copying but after I did the above its printing everything however its skipping alot when I copy.what advice can u offer?
HP Recommended

You say it prints just fine now?  

Have you tried cleaning the glass before making a copy?   You may also see if it has an option to darken the copied image.

Also start with ensuring ink levels are good and make sure it is getting enough power by plugging it directly into a wall outlet.

This link to the troubleshooting page may also be of assistance.

Sorry for the delayed response.

Best of luck! Keep me posted.

HP Recommended

My printer is printing only 3 or 4 lines then omits rest of page.  Does print out test page and copies fine.  New ink cartridges in.   Was printing fine one day next day not.  

HP Recommended

What software are you trying to print from?  What operating system is your pc (Windows 7, WIndows 8, etc)?

Try using the HP Print and Scan Doctor and let me know if that helps.  It is a great tool so I hope it does.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.