Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am going to try it!

crossing my fingers.......

HP Recommended
dang...no luck with that. It is completely blank, except for the colored squares at the bottom
HP Recommended

I had to swab for five minutes......use a decent amount of alcohol...the idea, I think, is to saturate the print head.  and use the swab on the cartrige too.....to clean out the air hole on top...near the HP logo.....I used a pin to make sure it was breathing.  

Good luck.  Persevernce. 

HP needs to be more up front about this.  

Question...when the black ink ran out, did you take the old cartridge out and leave it out for any length of time like I did?

I do think that is what caused the problem for me.

HP Recommended

Ok- I will preservere and try again 😉

when it first started, I was printing several papers and it just started printing badly, the more I ran the tool to clean printhead the less ink showed up, so then i switched to a new cartridge and nothing changed, so it really didn't sit opened and dry without something in there until I tried the hard reset.  Although, if the first cartridge was low and I didn't realize it, it could have dried out then.

There are about 5 threads with the same problem- so I do agree, HP needs to address this and give users some steps that will help. Thank you kindly for your time! I'll be back in 5.......

HP Recommended

Okay.   The breather vent on the cartridge is in the shape of a T on the top, toward the back of the printer if the cartridge is installed.  Make sure you can blow air into that hole.  That might help too.

Sorry you have to deal with this...when you buy something and do everything right....it should work.

HP Recommended
well, one page printed up light gray- I thought that was promising, but now most stuff that should be black is printing up blueish, very light.
Going to print my papers for my meeting in blue, but keep working on this, too.
thanks again for the tips. I will continue to watch the thread
HP Recommended

According to this sheet

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03154756

new cartridges have an expiration date- and they expired 5/2013 (yesterday)

do we need an expiration override?

Way too many on the boards with this problem for this to be ignored

HP Recommended

Hi Kyle,

I have tried the following troubleshooting tasks and still have a printer that does not work:

1 - Replaced old cartridges and newly opened cartridges with brand new ones

2 - Went into Tools and performed Clean Printheads

3 - Went into Tools and performed Align Printer

4 - Performed Hard Reset instructions per your reply on the message board

5 - Cleaned printhead manually with Q-Tip Swab to remove dry ink

6 - Checked vent on cartridge to ensure breathing properly

None of these have worked - could you please send me the instructions for the special certain reset ?  Willing to give it a shot before I become completely defeated.

Please advise - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nish

HP Recommended

Well, with no help from HP and wasting a lot of money on cartridges and wasting a lot of time.... I attempted to print today, just for fun, and it prints.... perfectly...   I have not touched the thing for over a week. the lesson I learned, I am never buying another HP product.  I strongly advise the company to look at this product... a great deal of people seem to be having the same problem which leads me to believe there is a defective part. Good luck all!

HP Recommended

@BlaqkTulip wrote:

PRINTER DID NOT WORK - CLOSING THE FORUM.

If what you really mean is "I am no longer interested in emails on this topic" then you will need to unsubscribe from emails for this thread.  The post here has simple instructions to change your notifications.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.