Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Mijuluto,

I have sent you the steps via private message. 

JacobPF,

I have forwarded your post to the right people so that it can be reviewed. You should hear back from someone shortly via private message on this Forum.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Having the same problem.

May I also have the instructions?

HP Recommended

@lluttrell wrote:

Having the same problem.

May I also have the instructions?

What printer model? 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Nish, you have a problem with Black not printing on a PS 5510, right? Have you tried the steps outlined in the document below?

Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03425035

Is the printer out of warranty?

Does it appear noisy when it tries to print?

Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
Hi Ciara,

Thank you for providing me with this information. I did try all of these steps multiple times. Unfortunately my printer warranty had just expired. It is disappointing because I have never had a printer break this early before. The printer was not noisy at all. Support told me that my printer was defective and that there is nothing they can do. I find it interesting that when so many people have the same issue-it is considered to be a defect yet HP does not admit it nor help. After many calls & finally writing to the CEO-I got a call from a Case Mgr who worked with me to get a replacement printer-it should not have to be this stressful especially when customers are buying the products.

Thanks,
Nish
HP Recommended

Like many other 5510 users I am experiencing this problem... no black whatsoever.

Interestingly though, I noticed a pool of black ink inside the printer underneath where the print head rests on the right hand side. I would be interested if anyone else has noticed this? Using a torch and a q-tip is best as if it gets on your fingers it makes a right mess..

Is there an issue with a valve (or something) malfunctioning which lets ink drip out and then, after time, block the print head in some way?

HP Recommended
Hi there,

I did not see any pool of black ink with mine - not sure what could be causing that. Have you mentioned this to HP & get their comments? I would be interested to hear how they responded to that.

Thanks,
Nish
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Mijuluto,

You are having a hardware issue. If you have a pool of ink, then there is something wrong with your print head. If the printer is still in warranty I would contact support.

lluttrell,

I have sent you the steps via private message. 

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I sort of broke into mine, since it wasn't working anyway- and there was black ink everywhere under the printhead.  Basically, the whole thing was garbage. Unfortunately, I tossed it and bought a Canon- which prints like a dream.

No more HP printers for me. This problem is ALL OVER on the web, and they don't care. That is just sad.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.