Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm having same exact issue as well.  Just replaced all cartridges and all colors but black work.  Extremely frustrating and yes, I'm just out of warranty as well...

HP Recommended

Hello @Stevee48025 and welcome to the HP Forums!

I'm sorry to hear your black ink isn't printing either, but I will do my best to help Smiley Happy

You have a Photosmart 5520 as well?
Have you tried all of the steps within this Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink document?

Once you have, if the problem still persists, please let me know what country you're in, thanks!

mostache.JPG

In support of Movember

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I did review the entire list of items on your link and tried all of them last night and the problem still persists.  I live in the United States and printer is just under two years old.  Look forward to hearing how you will be able to help.  Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Stevee48025!

With that information I am going to send you a private message to discuss what to do next. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I am having the same issues that all of the previous people have had.  I just went to the store and bought brand new ink.  PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!  I have quite a few documents that I need to print off and I would like to resolve this issue as soon as possible.  I went through all of the previous steps that are asked before sending a "Private Message", so please just let me know what to do and how to fix this issue.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have the 5520 and I am having the same issue.  I live in the United States, I have tried all the troubleshooting tips given and I am just out of warranty for the printer.  I need help!  Every color works fine except the black ink and I've tried 3 cartridges, all HP, all brand new. 

HP Recommended

Hi fixmyprinter5 & andreamontoya,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I will certainly do my best to help you both with your Photosmart 5520's not printing black 🙂

@fixmyprinter5 - Can you please let me know what country you're in and whether the printer is in or out of warranty? Thanks!

@andreamontoya - Thank you for the information. I am going to send you a private message to discuss the next step. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages this post, has instructions 🙂

Hope to hear from you both soon!

mostache.JPG

In support of Movember

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Note, for any 5520 owners even if it's out of warranty please call HP Phone Support and they should replace the printer for you......

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

@argggghhh 

As you have a 5520, can you please give the UK support team a call. They should provide you with a replacement printer. Can you please post back after you've been in touch with them?

Thanks, Ciara

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

@Regents Professor

Hi I would love to contact HP Uk, but if you follow the website it just dumps you on a driver download page, what is the phone number for the UK office that deals with these types of issues?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.