Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OJ j6480 all in one.
Windows 8.1

Officejet j6480 all in one, Windows 8

My printer configuration report show that the printer is connected to my home network. My control center  shows that my HP printe (my only printer) is listed as the default printer. When I open it, it shows a document in queue, and offline.  When I click on "offline"   the queued document is seen, and when I click on "Printer" in that window, the dropdown box shows the printer as default, but the "use printer offline" is not checked. Bottom line is I can't print. Help woutd be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found someone with a similar problem and simple solution. I deleted my printer from the "devices" list and reinstalled it;

It worked. I suspect your suggestion about the IP address  was probably on the mark, it hadn't occurred to me.

Thank you for the prompt response.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

hi,

Download and run the HP print scan doctor

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861

hope this helps

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Can you check to make sure that the IP address of the printer is the same address that the driver is pointed at?

The configuration page should list the IP address. To figure out what IP address the driver is pointed to please right click on your printer and select printer properties, then select the ports tab. You should be able to see what IP address is the driver is pointed to. If they are different you can change the port to the one that the printer has.

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I downloaded this program four times; but when I try to install it, it starts but never completes the installation, so I haven't been able to run it.

I did find a simple solution, for someone with a similar problem. I removed my printer from the device list and reinstalled installed it in "devices." That actually worked, and I'm thinking it may have been an iP address conflict.

If you can think of some reason I am not able to install the "doctor" please let me know.

Thanks again,

JJJ

HP Recommended

I found someone with a similar problem and simple solution. I deleted my printer from the "devices" list and reinstalled it;

It worked. I suspect your suggestion about the IP address  was probably on the mark, it hadn't occurred to me.

Thank you for the prompt response.

HP Recommended

If you continue to have this issue you can try using a static IP address on your printer. This will prevent it from getting a new IP address.

I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Thanks, I'll see if it disconnects.

How do I set up a static IP address for the printer?

HP Recommended

hi,

Please check solution 4 in windows on how to assign a static IP address.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05368548 (Link Updated 05/01/2017)

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Thank you, that was very informative and comphrehensive. It's a little more complicated than I would have imagined, but the video is a big help. Hopefully, the problem won't recur.

HP Recommended

printer stops printingv

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.