Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Am just so tired of this Hp deskjet 1510 having problems of printer in an error state. It keep saying this and its so fraustrating
HP Recommended

Hi vicksman, welcome to the forums:)

I saw you mention that your Deskjet 1510 is in an error state. I would love to help out where I can with this. Please let me know if you can make copies from the printer itself and let me know which operating system you are running on your computer.

Also include all of the troubleshooting steps you have already tried to try and resolve the problem.

Thank you:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I've got the HP Photosmart 5520 series, I've come across the problem of my printer being in an error state. I fixed this by restarting the connection between my laptop and the printer (through the printer settings) and it worked again. 

I thought I'd put up this message here since it was so hard for me to find a solution. Hoped this work for you. 

HP Recommended

What does "Printer in error state" mean and how does one get it out of "the error state"?

HP Recommended

Hi there @Nevford , welcome to the forums:)

I will gladly do my best to help you with the "error state" message you are seeing on your printer.

Please let me know which model of printer you have: How Do I Find My Model Number?

Thank you:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

HP laserjet 4M Plus and a HP Laserjet3380

HP Recommended

Hi there @Nevford ,

Both of the models that you have are commercial printers. Post this concern in the HP Enterprise Business Community for these models for the best answers and suggestions.

Happy Monday:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

each time i print it  error state

@leethesign wrote:

Thank for that - it seems that I am a total dork - the **bleep** thing wasn't connected.

The USB had come out when I moved the computer to the back of my desk!

Doh!

HP Recommended

fit error state

HP Recommended

how do i fit error state

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.