Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I too found the solution to my "computer is error state" problem was I  had two computers up on my "printers".  I deleted one, and that seemed to fix the problem. Easy solution, but it took me a while to find it. 

HP Recommended

HELP PLEASE

I'm receiving error message: "HP LaserJet 5 is in an error state"

HP Recommended

Thank you so much.  Worked like a charm.

HP Recommended

printer in error state 

HP Recommended

How do i fix printer is in error state for win 8.1

HP Recommended

My Printer is a HP Color LaserJet 2600N.  I am able to print on my Macbook Air.

I recently purchased a new dell computer with windows 10 and it worked fine for several months, then all of a sudden, I got the Printer In Error State Message.  I can not uninstall the printer and have tried reloading from my disk, but it does not do ay good.

HP Recommended

I am also having a problem with a printer error on my HP deskjet 1000 printer that I installed. I did not have a disc but I was able to successfully install but it is showing a printer error.

Can you help with this please

I am not extremely computer savvy but I can find my way around as needed

Thanks

ROse

HP Recommended
My hp deskjet 2132 all in one printer is in error state.what could I do?
HP Recommended

Welcome to the community

I will certainly do my best to help you, however, I am going to ask that you please let me know some more helpful information to help me research the problem for you.

Please respond to me with the following. If there are any steps here that you have not tried, please try them before responding and include the result in your reply back to me:

How is the printer connected (USB/ wireless/ wired/ Bluetooth)?
What is the Operating System of the computer?
Have you tested hardware functionality (made copies) and do they work successfully?
If you're running Windows, run the Print and Scan Doctor and include the results.
Did you make any recent changes to your set up (physical move, upgrade, downgrade, new software installed, new router, etc)?
Have you completed all Windows/Mac OS Updates?
Do you see any error messages or codes, and if so, what are they saying and where do you see them?

Thank you.

MarcelusWallace

I work on behalf of HP

★Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
★Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say "Thanks" for helping!

HP Recommended

My printer is in error state I have not an idea how to correct this can anyone help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.