Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Whenever I try to print a document from any program, my printer only prints a blank page. I changed the cartriges, thinking they were low, but that was not the issue. When I attempt to print a test page, only yellow prints. On all other documents, the printer goes through the motion of laying down toner, but nothing prints on the page. Could someone please help me to resolve this issue? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi kriscamp,

Here's the troubleshooting document you'll need. Now even though it's for a c4680 with error message, please try it anyhow - it's got the most steps for cleaning the inks and contacts etc..

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01675471

I would do everything here at least once - except replace the inks with new, that you don't need to do again.

Give it a go, and please let me know if it worked Smiley Happy

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi there,  which printer model do you have?

*** If my reply was helpful, please click on the "Kudos Thumbs-Up" on the right, as a way to say "Thanks!".

If this reply also fixed your issue - please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so that others can find the same answer. ***
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart C4680

HP Recommended

Hi kriscamp,

Here's the troubleshooting document you'll need. Now even though it's for a c4680 with error message, please try it anyhow - it's got the most steps for cleaning the inks and contacts etc..

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01675471

I would do everything here at least once - except replace the inks with new, that you don't need to do again.

Give it a go, and please let me know if it worked Smiley Happy

HP Recommended

HP 6500

HP Recommended
Hi cbill59140, what exactly is going on with your printer? If you have a Windows PC did you get a chance to try the HP print and scan doctor? www.hp.com/go/tools

HP Recommended

Blank pages - I have done everything I can think of; cleaned the copper pieces, replaced all catridges with HP, checked my drivers and wireless connection, and updated my windows firewall.  I have McAfee and can't seem to get around it.

Thank you for any help in advance!

Moe

HP Recommended

Printer showed I need new black cartridge. Puchased and installed. 1st printed page had 3 lines great, next line very light, and then nothing. Tried to print in color, nothing. Tried black and color, nothing. BLANK PAGES ONLY

HP Recommended

I have the deskjet 3520e

HP Recommended

i have officejet 8500 same problem nothing but blank pages tried usb connection and wireless and multiple devices no errors and ink l evels good

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.