Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have an hp photosmart c3135 priinter  and anytime i turn it on, the test page print.  I've tried the troubleshooting tip of scanning the test page and after doing that, I turn off and turned it back on and it still printed the test page. Can someone help

HP Recommended

@eopobee wrote:

I have an hp photosmart c3135 priinter  and anytime i turn it on, the test page print.  I've tried the troubleshooting tip of scanning the test page and after doing that, I turn off and turned it back on and it still printed the test page. Can someone help

See the troubleshooting page here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

tried all the tips and it still did not work

HP Recommended

PRINTER WILL NOT STOP PRINTING TEST SHEETS !! I've burned though $ & 1/2 of my new color cartidges with this PROBLEM. I'm ready to throw this printer out the window.

I've tried Canning in the test sheet

I've tried holding the power button for reset.

I've tried upgrades & apps.

Still Wasting Color & Black INK

What's the deal why after working for 2 yrs does it now start eating ink for no reason....

HELP.... I've enjoyed HP printers for a long time it's my 3rd one..... Is this a Virus ? Do you know of a printer where this won't happen ?  This REALLY REALLY SUCKS.

HP Recommended

The same thing happened to me, too.  I have the HP PSC 1350 All-in-one printer...it's worked for years...love it!  But I, too, changed just one of the cartridges to black to print some financial documents, and it wouldn't stop printing the alignment page every time I turned it on.   So, I completed the alignment process by pressing the SCAN after I put the alignment page under the cover, and this time it worked!  I turned it off, then on again...and it is fixed!  

Thanks for the solution!

HP Recommended

@printervirus wrote:

PRINTER WILL NOT STOP PRINTING TEST SHEETS !! I've burned though $ & 1/2 of my new color cartidges with this PROBLEM. I'm ready to throw this printer out the window. [snip]

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model?

Also read the entire thread, and perhaps check your user manual.  Some models automatically scan the alignment page while printing, others require you to load the page on the scanner glass and press the scan button shortly after the page prints.  In either case black and whichever colors are used for alignment must be working.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

C3180 is my home model have a design jet as well, should I expect this to happen to it too.

I HAVE Like I said.... Followed the instructions, like I said in the forum & through a user manual.

I have AGAIN put new cartiges in & SCANNED the test page everywhich way possible numerous times before during & right after printing.... WHY is this happening ?  What else can I do to fix it ? 

So far, I've held the power to attempt a reset 5x

Scanned the test page about 20x In every direction before during & after printing...

Is this a virus? Why all of the sudden is this happening ? Thanks for the help PS I did read the whoe forum, no need 

to say "try reading the whole form".. Smart Alec

5 more tries & I'm shopping for a new brand. Does anyone need 50 test sheeets in color ?

HP Recommended

Sorry I see your just a consumer trying to help people... 

BUt hey I did rerad everything, tried everything mention, also I don't see many relies from people saying "thakns" it worked.

Cause nothings worked for me.

I'll TRY to fix it for another week then toss it - I'll save money & time in the long run. So is it a virus or some helpful engineering? 

HP Recommended

@printervirus wrote:

C3180 is my home model have a design jet as well, should I expect this to happen to it too.

I HAVE Like I said.... Followed the instructions, like I said in the forum & through a user manual.

I have AGAIN put new cartiges in & SCANNED the test page everywhich way possible numerous times before during & right after printing.... WHY is this happening ?  What else can I do to fix it ? 

[snip]

The C3180 has an automatic sensor that performs the alignment, you do not need to scan this model.  See the C3180 manual for information, which says:

If the alignment fails again, you might have a defective sensor or print cartridge. Contact HP Support. Go to www.hp.com/support. If prompted,choose your country/region, and then click Contact HP for information on calling for technical support

The sensor may have become fogged with ink aerosol, cleaning it with a damp q-tip may resolve the issue.  You should also check the nozzle test and verify that the cyan and black portions of your cartridges are printing properly.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Thank You, Now that's a great answer.  I'll try cleaning the sensor.  We'll see if it works. All the inks are printing well. But that at least makes sense to me. 

Thank You for trying to help.  I've barely used this printer until recently, it''s just so frustrating everytime that test page prints out.

And it's happening to lot's of people. Very strange.  

I will try to ckean the sensor, heck i'll take it apart & clean it all.    Something still tells me that darn test page will still print each time. 

If your tips works. I'll be back to say so.   Thanks again for a reasonable reason why this keeps happening in my case.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.