Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My HP photosmart 5510 printer says paper not detected
HP Recommended

Hi camoramusic,

I'm sorry to hear you are getting an 'Out of Paper' message from your Photosmart printer. I've included a document with trouble shooting steps.

An 'Out of Paper' Message Displays on the Control Panel and the All-In-One Does Not Pick Up Paper

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03244290

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Photosmart all in one 5520   [Personal Information Removed]

Printer promt states out of paper when there is paper instaled

HP Recommended

Hi allotment,

I'm sorry to hear that you have an 'Out of Paper' message on your Photosmart 5520 when there is paper loaded.

I have included a document with detailed steps to take when you have a false out of paper message.

An 'Out of Paper' Message Displays on the Control Panel and the All-in-One Does Not Pick Up Paper

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03244290

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

my printer says I am out of paper but I am not.  I can use the printer and scan and the paper works.  I have unplugged all the oords and reset them and it still registers NO PAPERS.  HELP

HP Recommended

When this message displayed on my all-in-one 5550, I turned off computer & waited 12 hrs. before turning it back on.  The message has cleared.

PH

HP Recommended

The first step of the video helped me fix my printer.

When I tried to print, I got an error that my printer was out of paper, but it wasn't.

It turns out that the printer wasn't feeding the paper. 

It would start to feed, then push the paper back out.

Try step one:

a) unplug the power cord in back of the printer for 30 seconds.

b) plug power cord back

c) power light should come on for the printer shortly

d) press the setup button

e) arrow to print self test report

Oh, and I found that this worked if I only had one piece of paper in the tray.

After printing the test report, my printer worked fine.

I filled the paper tray as usual and was able to print several documents.

In case I didn't state this well, be sure to visit the video. If step one doesn't fix your problem, check out the other steps in the video. Viewing step one only took about 30 seconds. 

I couldn't view the video in a chrome browser and had to view in in internet explorer for some reason.

I have an HP JS6480 All-In-One printer 

HP Recommended

My printer keeps saying I am out of paper, but I have paper loaded. Does anyone else have this problem

HP Recommended

I was in the middle of printing a report - ran out of paper.  Late so I just shut everything down for evening.  Nex morning I filled the printer and tried to print report.  Computer saying "printer out of paper".  I have printed other items - not from computer - and printer is working fine.  How do I get the computer to recognize that there is paper now in printer.  Never had this problem before.

HP Recommended

I have a HP Deskjet F4280 All in One printer - printer is working fine.  It is just getting the computer to recognize that paper had been added to printer

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.