Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Well, It's fixed... here's what we did... a little unconventional.  We tried the hard unplug several times, but the printer carriage wouldn't move, so I got a little frustraited and reached in and gave it a good tug (figured what have I got to lose). It moved about an eighth to a quarter of an inch.  Then when we plugged it in for the 4th time the carriage moved. We pulled the plug as recommended.  I took out the ink cartriges and my husband took the unit to the garage and used his compressor to blow air through it.  Then when he brought it in we inspected it with a flashlight.  We found a lot of black ink all over the carriage resting area.  I took kleenex and dabbed up the ink, and low and behold it worked. We did a test print and things are good.

I do have another printer with a problem.  Are you familiar with the hp7780?  That one is telling me to replace the black and yellow print head. That's the one inside the machine... not the printer cartridges.  I have done that but that error won't clear and has the printer locked up.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Sorry, Tina, I moved your message to an appropirate forum, hope you don't mind. 

Sounds like you found a way to correct a carriage jam? Is that right? From what you described the carriage was unmoving and you moved it over enough for you and your husband to clean the area where the print-head rests. That is fantasict! 

On this next issue, what I want you to do is remove the print-heads from the machine, and then perform a hard reset like Rich described. Then when the printer powers back on, re-insert the print-heads when the message requesting them comes on the screen. 

If that does not work, I will send you a PM with another possible solution. 

Let me know if this works for you! 

-Spencer 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have read and followed instructions on how to reset the hard drive for the prionter. I have cleaned the terminals on the cartridges and where they connect to. I have cleaned up ink around where i can see and reach with cotton buds & kleenex. Unplugged and restarted but still i am getti8ng the warning "print cartridge(s) missing or not detected"

what do i do, i am really fed up with this now, is it time to get a new printer?

HP Recommended

Sorry Spencer, that did not work.  It still says the black/yellow printer head may have a problem. When I took both printer heads out, I noticed that the lilttle plastic devider between the two heads is loose, probably broken.  But, I wouldn't think that would cause this kind of problem.  Could the problem be with the receiving end on the print head?  Is that fixable?

HP Recommended

I am going to PM both of you with some additional information which you might find useful towards resolving this issue. 

Respond back here and let me know how it goes!

-Spencer 

HP Recommended

What is the point in the Forum when you send back private messages  for fixes, we all want to know how to fix problems.

HP Recommended

Can someone tell me how to perform a Hard Reset - officejet 6110 - I have an error message about a paperjam which does not exist. Have done all troubleshooting tips to no avail.

HP Recommended

Hi streetjock,

I understand your HP Officejet 6110 is giving you a false paper jam. The steps to performing a "Hard Reset" are within the link below:

http://goo.gl/YjYz02

If you're still getting the error after the reset I recommend calling into HP Technical Support as they will have some options for you. (Even if you're out of warranty). http://goo.gl/czF57

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

@mareng wrote:

What is the point in the Forum when you send back private messages  for fixes, we all want to know how to fix problems.

I agree with the above statement.My 6520 all in one printer is only 18months old and I dont know if it need a reset

HP Recommended

I have an HP 6600 All in One.  Constant "Printer Jam" issue.

The printer won't print and though I have gone through soft resets and unplugging the printer and resetting factory defaults.

What next?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.