Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (1,002 Views)

Re: Printer Software Installer has stopped working

ERROR:
HP Installer (Setup for Scanners, Printers of Hewlett Packard) fails in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. This happens regardless of your setup version or product/device. The following erros occure
1. HP Installer has stopped working
2. Please wait some more
3. A fatal error has occured, which prevents usage of the device.

SOLUTION:
Go to Control Panel / Programs and Featuers / Windows-Components and select ".NET Framework 3.5.1" or ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes 2.0 and 3.0)" [exact wording depends on your OS]. Once this feature is installed simply run your setup flawlessly.

BACKGROUND:
HP Installer checks prerequisites (such as free space and ram). If it does not find .NET framework it attempts to install this one via a .NET Framework Redistributable. Unfortunately this procedure has been deprecated by Microsoft (from now on you need to select this feature manually [or install it via console with DISM / Powershell-Cmdlets]). The installer stupidly assumes that the framework got installed and continues which causes crashes and sideeffects... (for details see %temp%\hpbcsiInstallerBootstrap.log ).

PS: Shame on you HP because this error exists since years (before 2010 until v15 in 2016!).
@HP: refunds welcome

Message 2 of 2 (998 Views)

Re: Printer Software Installer has stopped working

Hi!

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation