Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello

I've got an hp color laserjet cm1415fn connected via wlan to a D-link DSL 2640r router and it's always offline everytime I restart the pc. I've tried to install it several times but it useless.

WIN 7 Ultimate 64 bits

IP router: 192.168.1.1

DHCP IP Address Range: 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.254

DNS port 192.168.1.1

Printer IP (IPv4): 192.168.1.3

Could someone please help me, I've tried almost everything 😞

HP Recommended

Try the easiest solution:

A simple reboot of my router immediately fixed my offline printer status.

HP Recommended

We cannot print the network configuration page going throught the printer.  How can we access the information neede to accomplish what we need to fix our problem?

HP Recommended

My HP 3E1411 printer has gone offline for some reason.  How can I sort this out please?

HP Recommended

HP Photosmart  C72560 stays off line

HP Recommended

Medic1, thank you! thank you & thank you! I registered here just to tell you that (which I've never been moved to do before).

Ten minutes ago, I changed the IP settings to manual, per your instructions, and my document printed immediately. I didn't even have to do a computer/printer restart.

I've had my HP wireless printer almost a year now, and I always suspected the problem was related to it being connected to two computers (one mac and one Windows)...it was frustrating as all-hello just as you described. I had to keep trying to print over and over. Turning the printer off and on. Turning the computer off and on. In the print queue, I would hit pause/restart over and over. It caused me hours of frustration and fist-banging.

When the first document didn't print, I kept hitting print...creating multiple jobs in the print queue...then one day out of the blue, they'd all start printing -- just as you described.

I've been late for meetings because I was stuck in my (home) office trying to print. Sending files back and forth to see it it would print on the PC instead of the mac and vice versa.

I'd searched for an answer before, but apparently didn't use the correct search terms to land upon your solution.

This time I searched: problems with HP printer being offline and this thread was the top result.

Now, let's see if it continues to print every time and from both computers. If I have any trouble I'll read what you wrote about being on DHCP networks.

This wins you lots of good karma!

-T

HP Recommended

very helpful... thanks. if u have any info about fax as well.. thanks

HP Recommended

I just connected my HP Photosmart Plus printer to my MAC desktop.  When I try to print --printer offline--keeps popping up.  I have a usb cable and it is connected.  It indicates that it is connected by usb cable.  Everything else seems fine.  What can I do?  I noted on a help site that one can uncheck printer offline.  I do not see this option on my mac. Best ckdb

HP Recommended

thank you so muchfor this much needed advice. I am about to throw my comp out the side door//It has been giving me fits that I have even pulled my hair out..

HP Recommended

Our HP 2300N had been working on our wired LAN for a couple of years, no problems. Suddenly it began going offline. We would reboot the server and it would come back. But finally it went offline and stayed offline regardless of what we tried to bring it back. I have tried the solutions I have seen on the forum and nothing works. We assigned a new port, checked the static IP address, checked that the SNMP status is enabled. Any suggestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.