Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have been struggling with the HP in our office not working, and actually blocking other computers from access.

We have 4 terminals all connected via a NetGear Router.  For over 6 years we have also had a Samsung printer on this network, there have been no errors, or trials with printing.

April 2013 We purchased aLaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dn printer and hooked it up to this network after installing it on all 4 systems.

Details of our experience are as follows:

- loaded the drivers on the Network and installed on each computer

- we could only print from 2 Computers, 2 were not able to print on the HP

- if 1 computer sent a test page to print and it did not print, then no computers were able to print over the network.

- Deleted documents in Print spooler on each computer.

-opened Services.msc - reset print spooler on each computer.

- This did not work very well.  some of the computers deleted the documents waiting to print imediatly, others I had to      restart the computer over and over again. - I can't remember how many times I have had to do this with all 4 computers.

-restored default on HP, many times, this did not clear the documents waiting to print.

- Spent hours talking to HP support personal,   - case number was 4706227492 given to me by "Prya" - last one was July 2013 "Ronald" (email address is; ronald.gh@hp.com)

- performed "PING" tests from each computer all were successful.

-I went through this process for hours over and over again.  then one day it seemed to be okay and we could print from all computers again.

- This continued until 10 days ago, we are having the same problems we had when we first purchased the printer, our warrenty runs out next month and guess what? we can no longer use this printer.

-I printed this solution, followed the directions, nothing helped, as of today, the printer has been removed from every computer in our office, it has been disconected from the NetGear. 

- I would like to have some assistance in this matter that offers some form of resolution that would possibly keep me from having to go through this process again in 6 months.

- I need help.

HP Recommended

I have been struggling with the HP in our office not working, and actually blocking other computers from access.

We have 4 terminals all connected via a NetGear Router.  For over 6 years we have also had a Samsung printer on this network, there have been no errors, or trials with printing.

April 2013 We purchased aLaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dn printer and hooked it up to this network after installing it on all 4 systems.

Details of our experience are as follows:

loaded the drivers on the Network and installed on each computer

we could only print from 2 Computers, 2 were not able to print on the HP

if 1 computer sent a test page to print and it did not print, then no computers were able to print over the network.

Deleted documents in Print spooler on each computer.

opened Services.msc - reset print spooler on each computer.

This did not work very well.  some of the computers deleted the documents waiting to print imediatly, others I had to      restart the computer over and over again. - I can't remember how many times I have had to do this with all 4 computers.

restored default on HP, many times, this did not clear the documents waiting to print.

Spent hours talking to HP support personal,   - case number was 4706227492 given to me by "Prya" - last one was July 2013 "Ronald" (email address is; ronald.gh@hp.com)

performed "PING" tests from each computer all were successful.

I went through this process for hours over and over again.  then one day it seemed to be okay and we could print from all computers again.

This continued until 10 days ago, we are having the same problems we had when we first purchased the printer, our warrenty runs out next month and guess what? we can no longer use this printer.

I printed this solution, followed the directions, nothing helped, as of today, the printer has been removed from every computer in our office, it has been disconected from the NetGear. 

I would like to have some assistance in this matter that offers some form of resolution that would possibly keep me from having to go through this process again in 6 months.

I need help.

HP Recommended
I have a HP Photosmart printer.  How can I get the printer to remain connected to WiFi.  606

HP Recommended

I read the info on changing the IP address to manual. I have done that but still cannot print. I also went and configured my port using the host name offthe configuration page and still nothing is happening. I really need help with this. I notice on my configuration page I have an IPv4 and IPv6. Is there a difference because they have different IP addresses. Also my IP wireless direc is on is that correct.

HP Recommended

i went to the printer's support page and downloaded the "basic" drivers. it was a little weird at first but i've printed twice in the past week without having to turn the printer off and on. it does add another printer to the "select printer" box when you hit "print" in adobe reader or whatever. so you have to make sure you're using the correct one.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=4323659&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

although now i can't scan to a network folder. whatever.

HP Recommended

not helpful

HP Recommended
After days of searching, the problem has been solved finally! I applied the following steps below. Some of the steps may be unnecessary, I didnt want to waste my time to figure out which.

1 Find your PC DNS servers by typing ipconfig /all in CMD.
2 Assign a static IP outside your DHCP range. For my Linksys router the range is between 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.150. So I set my static IP as 192.168.1.20.

To do this, hit the wireless button on your printer. This will show your printer's current IP. Type this to your browser. Go network/networking/network address. Choose manual IP and write 192.168.1.20

3 Now come to manual DNS server section and type your DNS servers you found before.

4 Open your HP Printer program which should be installed together with your driver. Hit utilities and update IP address. Update your address with your static IP.

5 Now go to your router settings. Locate wireless settings and change your radio band to 20 MHz standard not automatic.

6 Change your standard channel to 6.

7 Locate wireless security and change your security mode to WPA-Personal.

8 Disable UPnP

9 This is the KEY part. Change your key renewal to 36000 secs. (10 hours)

10 Go to Windows Firewall advanced settings. Enable all disabled printer and share ,inbound and outbond rules.
I believe the most important parts are setting a static IP outside your DHCP range and changing the key renewal time. I hope it works for you too :generic:
HP Recommended

I don't understand. I don't see any of the things you tell me to do ---menu, setup etc.

Sorry.

HP Recommended

Thank you!! This solved my problem!

I am so grateful for your common sense approach to the solution!

🙂

HP Recommended

Thank YOU Medic1! after months and months of searching for a solution this worked!!! I'm also not an IT expert so kudos !

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.