Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Sorry i thought i posted SlomiL's solution here, but had not. Probably fixes Mac too.

You MUST select Show Preview after unchecking Advanced - 'Make new file for each page'. Also must be 300 dpi or less.

Show Preview ROCKs now, scanning only once whether Show Previw selected or not. it just shows a sketch and already captured high- res.

It is the only way to get Add Files button to show.

Firmware update is supposed to be coming to fix timeouts when Scan To PC from printer (Multi-page scans DOA that method).
HP Recommended
I meant selecting Show Preview and 300 dpi or less, is the only way to get the. "Add Pages" button to show.
HP Recommended

Uff. Great solution. It works fine now for my HP Officejet 6500A Plus.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Right. The bizarre thing is that I used to be able ot scan to pdf on my J4680 from the Prnters and Devices area of Control Panel, but I can no longer do this. It is a bit of a pain to use the panel on the printer, but at least I can do it now. From Control Panel I can now only do photo formats (tif, jpg, etc.) Not really very useful! I downloaded the full software again just now but at least I can scan to pdf, so there you go. 

HP Recommended

My old HP printer worked that way but the 309 is way clunkier. Not given those options. Dumb!

HP Recommended

I have an HP photosmart 6510 and a photosmart b209.  How do I scan multiple pages into one pdf document with each?

HP Recommended

On   10-13-2012 10:10 AM,   I posted how to get the  ADD PAGES  button to show, by selecting SHOW PREVIEW, and unchecking the   CREATE A SEPERATE FILE FOR EACH SCANNED PAGE  box (under File Tab in Advanced Settings, for WinVista->Win8, and Mac too says someone here).  That info came from SlomiL, an HP employee.  He was correct.

Then another HP employee posted here stating that the unsolved Firmware side of  the'difficulty making 'Multi-page pdf's'  had been solved with a new 6500 Series firmware update, around October 15th.  It has been solved.  I turned on Wireless to get the update, and it installed itself.  Nice.

Now when I scan from Printer to PC, using the HP 6515 Touch-Screen, and without using mouse, it now waits for me to press the button to scan another page after asking me if I want that.  It is solved, but, I don't know how to accept the solution.

I accept  BOTH  solutions, the Firmware fix for the Printer, and proper instructions for setting the HP Photosmart Software check boxes to allow multi-page pdf's.  Thank you HP.   PS- Windows 8 is worthless!  That's why it took me so long to accept... 10 days lead-time ARO for new PC. 

HP Recommended

It was right there, but I missed it!

Thanks a ton! 🙂

Everyone else is giving solutions requiring other software.

But I knew it would be there in HP's own software.

I hung on

& I found this 🙂

HP Recommended

I have an officejet 6500A Plus. How does one scan multiple pages into one document fore-mailing purposes?

HP Recommended
This was a fantastic article, at 20k views you should put it on a webpage and put advertising on it, and HP should hire you, this is really non obvious.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.