Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 1512
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I tried to scan today after upgrading to windows 10.  It says "The HP Deskjet 1510 series was not found" when I try to scan.  The HP Fix it Doctor program can find it, but can't do a test scan.  I can print and copy with no problems.  It just does not find it when I try scanning.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the required software.  Is there something else I need to do to be able to scan now?

83 REPLIES 83
HP Recommended

I'm having the same error message!  Please let me know if there is a fix for this!

thanks

HP Recommended

I am experiencing exactly the same problem.  I contacted HP support, but haven't heard anything yet.

HP Recommended

Have the same problem with my DeskJet 1515. After upgrading to Win10, prints OK, cannot scanreceiving the message "HP DeskJet 1510 series not found", used HP Doctor, it recognized the scaner and announced everyting OK.
Tried both HP scan software and Windows Fax-Scan software, both same results 

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1515. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with Officejet 6500 Plus

HP Recommended

try this

To start the WIA service, you need to start all the dependency services. To start the dependency services, please follow the steps mentioned below:

->>Click on Start->Type “services.msc” and hit enter, once you get the services window up, please do the rest steps.

->>First check and note all the dependency services-:

->>Right click on WIA->Properties->Dependency tab, Check the services name listed there.

It should contain following services:

*Remote Procedure Call RPC

->>DCOM Server Process Launcher

->>RPC Endpoint Mapper

*Shell Hardware Detection

Make sure all the above services are started in the services list.

Last time we started Shell Hardware Detection, which solves our problem.

( this is important.  Select "Shell Hardware Detection" and start that service which should start your "Windows Imaging Acquisition".  If it does not then select WIA and change the start to 'Automatic'.  This fixed my issues) After starting all the dependency services, please try to Start WIA service, it should resolve the issue.

i found this solution and it worked fine.. i too had the problem and was resolved thru this

HP Recommended

I followed the directions for the WIA, my officejet 6500 plus still shows "no computer detected when trying to scan to computer.  All of the services have "automatic" for starting.

Thanks

HP Recommended

scanning with OfficeJet 8620, Windows 10,

all WIA services are running and set to automatic.

Cannot initiate the scan from the printer, it times out and gives errors 'scan unsuccessful, connection lost, can application in use, or OCR application is not installed'.

A scan initiated on the computer using the HP Printer Assistant works fine.

I have updated all drivers, then reinstalled 8620 software and  printer assistant.

Windows update shows all updates current.

HP Recommended

Had 2 major problems after Win10 upgrade: the scanner did not work and Outlook did not send mails.
For outlook problem I found a support answer that helped me and after that both outlook and the scanner works properly.
Therefore who already have scan problems try:

1. Open a cmd window (the black window to type and run DOS commands.

2. type: SFC /scannow

3. press ENTER.

The command will run several minutes, do not stop it or shut down the computer. It will scan and repair the problems.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.