Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
the bug I posted is now fixed, thank you!
HP Recommended

How do I know which of these options to download?  as far as I can tell my printer is hp 8500a a910 with no trailing letter.

The download site shows a910 (g,n,a) u.s.  and (d,k) outside us.

Not sure this is even the issue...

We just added a new windows 8 laptop to our home network.  We are using a hp 8500a a910 printer.   My issue is getting the scan to a folder feature working.  I was able to go through the wizard and receive a success on the test.

The issue or problem is that when I scan a document or photo.  And then look at my receiving folder I get the document but with zero blocks.  I see no difference in my other network folder to xp laptop and the documents scan fine there.

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

I believe this problem was fixed in the last firmware update for this printer.  I'll link the instructions below.  Let me know what happens.

Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Hi. Just to let you know the app has disappeared from the Store for New Zealand. I have it on my PC but am unable to find it for my wife's PC. Can anyone explain why this would happen?

HP Recommended
BTW, I have worked around the issue by simply changing the store account to mine but still, others will not be able to find it.
HP Recommended

I have spent over an hour trying to find out the answer to my question. Believe it or not, the Windows 8 App - HP Scan & Capture is exactly what I was looking for. Now, having found it, I have spent a half-hour trying to find out how to download. I have followed each "next" without any success. How do I download this item for Windows *?  Thank you. 

Irene (Parkshandy)  {Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

You have to search the Microsoft app store for it on the computer you want to install it on.  Hope this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I am also from New Zealand, and the HP Scan and Capture app is not available from the Store.

When will this become available again?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Not sure.  It should still be in there.  The app may not be available for use in all countries yet.  I searched the store, and I was able to find the app with no problem.  I'm sorry, but I don't know if or when the app will be released for use in New Zealand.  Sorry.

Signature
HP Recommended

Thanks to Shane, my problem was solved. There is a drop on the START page where I clicked on SEARCH.

Then I clicked on STORE and typed in HP Scan and Capture. The page appeared and from that point downloading was easy. Then I was ased to picked out a device. I clicked and the computer founf both my printers and camera. Shane, it worked. Thank you.

Parkshandy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.