Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I had the worst time just finding the correct cartridge. I finally gave up on HP and purchased a Canon Image Class MF 8280Cw laser printer. Prints super fast, picture quality is better than HP and the ink last up to 2400 prints.

HP Recommended

Hi @SuzHP 

Sorry to hear about the experience you had trying to get the correct cartridge. For the PS 7520 you can purchase either ...

a regular HP564 Black (page yield ~250)

OR

the HP564XL Black (page yield ~550)

PS 7520.jpg

The printer is a 5 ink system so you have Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Photo Black. The best place for any queries on cartridge compatibility is SureSupply or the eSupplies app

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead/Cartridge-Compatibility-how-to-find-out-w...

What was the product no. on the HP564 that you purchased?

Thanks, Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
Confusing inks resolved. I called HP support -confirming what I needed was 'photo' black.
Got led to Purchase Black, (will visit Best Buy' to return, told it was the correct cartridge and that the XL was the large size).
I am proud owner of 5 'Black' and 3 black XL -and 1empty 'photo black'
Thanks - ordered photo blacks from the HP person I spoke to, crossing fingers correctly ordered.
HP Recommended

Ok thanks for letting us know Suz. Sorry about the confusion.

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

I am using an HP 7520 Photosmart and I have run out of the "photo" ink.  Can I use the regular black ink instead for my print jobs?

HP Recommended

HELLO. 

What is the difference between the 564XL ink cartridge and the 564setup ink catridge? This is for the HP Photosmart all in one printer with the five cartridge units.

HP Recommended

Hi Ciara,

I hope you are still monitoring this thread - I have a question.

My photo ink ran out on my 5 cartridge Photosmart 310 premium printer, and it doesn't print black anymore. But the Black XL cartridge is full. Why won't it pull black ink from that cartridge? Is there a way to print so that it does? More broadly, given that the empty one is called "photo" and I am printing documents that are only text, why isn't the printer drawing ink from the Black XL cartiridge?

Thanks!

Bruce

HP Recommended

Dear HP,

Stop insulting your customers and stop displaying an a t of arrogance and contempt. Somebody at HP had a modicum of sense and assigned unique geometric shapes to all color carts including the TWO black carts. Smart. Then marketing and distribution takes over and puts the uniquel marked carts in outside packaging that all have circles on them. HP has gone to great lengths to disguise the unique geometric shapes. Brilliant! Anyone could figure out that the boxes that give your customers the info all should have the unique identifying geometric shape on the OUTSIDE, but it takes marketing GENIUSES to disguise the outside of the ink carts with ALL circles. PRINT the appropriate geometric shape on the OUTSIDE of the box. Geez!

HP Recommended

**bleep**, HP? I had zero idea that a Photo cartridge would not fit in the same slot as my regular black cartridge. So just now when I tried to replace one that I had purchased in a package of four cartridges (with black, yellow, cyan and magenta) I couldn't get it to fit in my 4680 printer. You've made me waste about $20 and I am not pleased. There should be a BIG warning on the cartridge package that you need a five-slot printer to use photo cartridges. I couldn't care less about photos and had no idea. Who reads all your stupid fine print? I am not going to buy another HP printer (and we have had numerous HP printers, dating back to 1991. Bad show. You just keep making money on us suckers. Not a good policy.

HP Recommended

I totally agree with you. HP sucks with their ink. I'll never buy HP printers again. It's so complicated, inconvient and you'll get pissed off later. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.