Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I, too, have this same problem of an extra blank page being spit out several seconds after printing a document.   I installed HP firmware update 2012-10-12 , Version:CLP1CN1232AR, 20.81M.

It still spits out extra blank page several seconds later.

Any ideas, HP?

HP Recommended

I am also having issues, I'm suprised this hasn't been resolved yet.  When I print a doc that has narrow margins (Happens all the time with .13in edges) it pauses about 10 seconds holding the last page partway out and then feeds it out along with a blank page.

This is not a word issue, if it were just a blank page at the end it would show up on print preview and it wouldn't pause for so long when priting it.  I'm guessing it is a glitch with the printer dealing with small margins.  Doesn't have a problem with borderless prints.  I have word 2010.  On HP P7-1226s Desktop PC. Have the latest printer firmware and drivers.

HP Recommended

I do not have small margins.  The margins are the default MS Word size in documents that I print regularly.  All of a sudden all of these documents are now adding an extra blank page.  I am talking about dozens of documents that did not print an extra page are now doing so.

What does HP have to say????

HP Recommended

WHERE IS HP REGARDING THIS ISSUE?

I know you guys monitor this forum.  Why are you silent concerning this problem with the Phantom Page?

It is not the MS Word program or page setup.

Simple Experiment:

If you have a second printer, as I do for envelopes, print the same document on both printers.

A Phantom Page is printed after a 10 second pause on the 8600 Plus and no Phantom Page on the second printer.

Ergo, the problem exists with the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus.

HP Recommended

Mine does the same thing but only when printing Invoices from Peach Tree.  I have looked through this blog and tried print preview and everything mentioned.  What is going on, Very Aggrivating!

HP Recommended

We are having the same problem here.  And it does not matter if the directions are "Print  All Pages"; "Print Current Page", Print Custom Range" or "Print Current Selection".  They all print out an extra sheet of paper after about ten seconds.  It also doesn't matter if there is another blank page after the page being printed, or not.  It does not matter if the margins are 1" on each side, top, bottom.  It still prints the extra page in MS Word 2010.

The frustrating thing is that we have had this printer for about three months, and this issue just started about two weeks ago. 

Could we have some help here HP?  There are three pages of complaints.  This is not an isolated incident. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

hmmm, what a coincidence.  I purchased this printer about 3 months ago and the Phantom Page Problem started about 2 weeks ago, as well.

Where is HP presence in this forum?  They are quiet since their involvement on the first page of this issue.......

Hello?  Anybody there?

HP Recommended

I have found something that seems to work.  At the end of this process you will be asked to reboot your computer, so probably best to do this when you are not under deadlines and/or with multiple programs open.  

You need the HP Officce Jet Pro 8600 installation disk to do this.   Insert the disk in your BlueRay/DVD/CD drive and be sure it is active.

Then go to Control Panel>Programs and Features.  Find "HP Officejet Pro 8600Basic Device Software".   RIGHT CLICK on the program.  A context menu for Uninstall, Change, Repair will appear.  Left click on "Repair".  The program took about 5 seconds on my 3770K.  

After the repair program runs it asks to reboot the computer for the changes to take effect, either now or later. 

I tested the repair by printing several Word 2010 files that had been printing an extra page about 10 seconds after the print was completed.  I tested as Print Current Page, Print Selection, Print, Print All Pages, Print Custom Range.  It seems to have fixed the problem.

I hope this helps everybody.

HP-Why isn't this feature made VERY accessible?  I stumbled upon it when I was trying anything and everything to fix this proglem.   I'm sure it is buried somewhere in the documentation, but I didn't run into it. 

HP Recommended

Congratulations Bill_3297!  Your suggested repair function seems to have worked to eliminate the Phantom Page Problem on my 8600 Plus.

Two days ago I spent over an hour on the phone with HP tech support jumping through hoops for them to prove that my problem was, indeed, a problem.  Unplug/plug, Partial Reset, Semi-full Reset, the whole gamut of rituals necessary for my issue to get to that place in support hierarchy where someone has the authority to replace my in-warranty printer.  Much to my chagrin the "supervisor" was busy on the phone with somebody else and I was assured that I would be contacted the very next morning with details regarding a replacement.  Why am I not surprised that I received no phone call?

Once this printer gets out of the warranty period and it breaks I am going back to Canon.

HP Recommended

Check up two posts.  I found something that seems to have worked for me.  Hopefully, it will work for everybody

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.