Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I don't know where all your problems come from because Win7 (even 64bit) does almost everything by itself.

It didn't install the driver "fully automatically" but i have the HP LaserJet 1200 driver installed and working on my Windows 7 64bit. Here's what I did:

Windows found and recognized the device, but couldn't find the driver software via Windows Update so I opened Device Manager and updated the driver software from there (somehow Windows was able to find it automatically this way). The printer was installed as "HP LaserJet 1200 USB" along with "IEEE 1284.4 compatible printer" and it works perfectly now.

HP Recommended

Well After following all the steps, the job is being sent to the printer but not printing.

The job remains there until you delete it. what could be wrong

HP Recommended

hp printer don't work in window 7,

@griegstar wrote:

The drivers available on HP's web sites do not work on our Windows 7 64 bits computers.

Does someone know about a workable driver?

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem. HP LJ 1200 is connected to an XP computer on the network and I can't print to it from my Win7 laptop.

HP Recommended

The real issue is the network driver has become corrupted. Remove and reinstall and it will work. This isn't an HP driver problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much for these directions.  I set up a Wifi connection for my HP 1200 connected to a printer router.   I combined your directions with the protocol that I use for connecting computers running the XP operating system.  Rather obtuse procedure, especially seeing that it is a HP printer & HP computer. 

The http:..forums11.itrc.hp.com.......................................   link that you provided did not work.

Can you please post your info on making the change to the PCL6 driver?

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

dear sir

plz help me i have not found in temporary files in hp 1200 laserjet printer driver

HP Recommended

plase send me hp laserjet 1200 driver

HP Recommended

Select which product you are using and follow the appropriate steps for drivers related to the Laserjet 1200 series.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18972&prod...

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks a Lot !!.. its really Work !!

Thanks from Monterrey Mexico.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.