Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I got all the way down to making the local port:

5. Find the "ports" tab. Change from the USB port (DOT4_xxx) to the network connection. If you do not know how to change it to network connection, click "Add Port", then click "Local Port". Typed in " \\your_desktop_pc_name\your_shared_printer_name " (This is just an example.). Click OK to save it. 6. Print another test page.

any suggestions? At least I know now that I can plug the printer manually into my computer....

Thanks for taking your time...

HP Recommended

Ok, thanks! I tried and tried and tried again until I finally typed in every little thing right, AND IT WORKED! And I learned a lot along the way, ever so grateful,

HP Recommended

If you go to HP site http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=lj-959...

Install this drive which is for Server 2

Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows Server 2003 64-Bit Edition, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64, Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit), Microsoft Windows XP x64

It works on the network first attempt with Windows 8 PRO

HP Recommended

@griegstar wrote:

The drivers available on HP's web sites do not work on our Windows 7 64 bits computers.

Does someone know about a workable driver?

HP Recommended

i have hp laserjet 1200 series printer 

but i can't setup it in my computer 

i have HP laptop win7 64Bit

help me please ..

HP Recommended

Sure you can read.

There are a lot of posts up - read it 🙂

HP Recommended

Very ingenious!  It worked for me as well!!  Thanks!

HP Recommended
Very ingenious! it worked for me as well - thanks!
HP Recommended

I followed Raptor833's  October 5, 2010, instructions successfully for installing the PLC 5 driver on my Win7 64bit networked computer. 

At the end of his instructions Raptor833 wrote "To change it to PCL6 printer driver, you will need to use the downloaded HP Universal Drivers for Windows 64 bit.  I will not discuss it here."

I use the PCL 6 driver on an XP 32 bit computer, and it is more elegant (functional) than the PCL5 driver.  If someone can explain or give a reference for installing the PCL6 driver on a Win 7 64 bit computer, I would be appreciative.

HP Recommended

Can you tell me: how did this configuration deal with the problem of no supporting driver on the other network machines? Were you in fact able to print from networked computers (either Win 7 or XP)? If yes, where did you get the driver?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.