Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Dougal

Please upload this photos on any server (example: Mediafire or Window Live Photos) and post here just link to them.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Hi daniel, thank you again for your reply. I checked in the control panel the properties of the device with yellow mark and in the Hardware ID this is what I found:

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_30CF103C&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&SUBSYS_30CF103.C
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0843&CC_0880

Yellow mark remains on "OTHER DEVICES"

if I click on "OTHER DEVICES" this is what I have:

Type of device: other devices

Manufacturer: unknown

Bus PCI 7, device 5, function 2

Then: Driver of the specified device have not been installed; code 28

(My win 7 is Italian language so maybe something is not translated correctly.)

Does this mean something?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@bovolo2

Install Ricoh 5-1 Card Reader driver from guide and Your problem will be solved.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Here you go Daniel.

They don't appear when creating the message, maybe they will come up once I post it.

Cheers

HP Recommended

Ever since I installed Windows 7 in the summer of 2009 (yes, prior to release) my fingerprinter reader (Authentec AES2501A) has worked almost perfectly -- it would recognize my fingerprints and let me log on with them perfectly. The only problem -- a big one -- was that due to a power management bug the fingerprint reader wouldn't get turned on after standby until I logged on. So if I locked my laptop (Win+L) I could use my fingerprint to unlock it, but if I closed the lid and reopened it then I couldn't.

A new driver was released Dec 21, 2009 and I had high hopes that this would fix the problem so I let Windows update install it. At this point the fingerprint reader totally stopped working. It would detect my fingerswipe but would do nothing with it. I couldn't register fingerprints and things seemed to be flaky.

I then tried uninstalling TrueSuite in hopes of reinstalling it and fixing this problem. However when I try to use it from Biometric devices in the Control Panel it says:

"The selected fingerprint reader has no management application installed."

It says this despite the fact that I have DigitalPersona 4.11 installed.

Meanwhile DigitalPersona says that my fingerprint reader is not attached or no driver is installed. I don't want to install the sp35583 driver, I don't think, because it sounds like then it will work with digitalPersona but not with Control Panel.

What I want the fingerprint reader for most is for logging in to Windows. Does DigitalPersona handle this?

It's a shame that HP and Authentec don't seem to properly support Windows 7 64-bit, even after it's been out for a few months. This is 64-bit Windows 7, FWIW.

I think I might need to download the latest version of TrueSuite but I can't find it anywhere. Anybody else got this working? Or should I use DigitalPersona for all my fingerprint needs?

HP Recommended

@BruceDawson2

Hi,

Use DigitalPersona to solve Your problem.

1) Uninstall *all* previous fingerprint reader drivers and software with restart.

Resources:

Uninstalling Software in Windows 7

Uninstall or change a program in Windows 7

When Your system will boot again check device manager is there still installed any driver for fingerprint.

Go to: Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Personal identification devices

If yes then:

Restart Your system.

On boot press F8 and choose Safe mode.

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager -> Personal identification devices

and find there Your fingerprint. Click on it with right button of Your mouse and choose uninstall driver.

Restart Your system and this time start it in normal mode.

2) Download Authentec drivers from here (Tnx Duxdad)

3) Download DigitalPersona ver 4.0.1.3749A here (for 64 bit Win7)

4) Update DigitalPersona to ver 4.11 using the autoupdate feature of the software

5) Reboot & Enjoy

@Dougal

I will reply on Your posts today please be patient.

HP Recommended

Hi Daniel,

now all seems to be OK. That's good, thank you again for your help (appreciated)

ciao

HP Recommended

Thank you Daniel. Don't worry, I am not in a hurry, I appreciate your assistance.

Cheers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.