Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The built in print function on samsung devices is added by samsung, and as such will  only work with samsung printers.

If you have no option to save, or share the file to home and biz the only other option is emailing. Either way it will require a newer model than your c4480.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Re: how can i print from my samsung galaxy 8.9 tab to my hp 6500 printer

HP Recommended

I finally broke down  an purchased a Samsung wireless printer.  I am still unable to print from the medical records I mentioned, even though there is a print tile to select.  When I select it, the print out I get says there is an error.  I think it must be encrypted in some way.  Meanwhile, any other printing I try to do seems to still require a printing app for Samsung printer.  This is a ridiculous proprietary restriction on Samsung's part!!!

HP Recommended

Try downloading hp eprint home&biz.  Worked for me.

HP Recommended

how can i print on my samsung galaxy tab 2 to my hp 305oa j611 printer

HP Recommended
Hi ahamilton2,

To do what you are wanting to do you need the HP ePrint Home & Biz app for Android. Click the link below for details:

http://goo.gl/MJbjo
🙂 If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I downloaded the samsung printer app which works fine with the Samsung printer.  It just seems wierd that there is a tile that says print on the tab, but it doesn't work even with the Samsung printer that the pop-up says you must have to use the print function.

HP Recommended
I have a Samsung galaxy tablet and I will like to know is there an app I can use for printing
HP Recommended

@icemantrin 

What printer do you have? I would try the Hp ePrint app.

HP Recommended

This worked perfectly. I have a Samsung Tab2 and HP Photosmart 5510 printer. I downloaded the HP ePrint mobile app on my Tab2 and it printed my document and in great color too. 

As far as I can see one needs to check with their printer manufacturer to see if there is an app which will work with your specific printer and your tablet.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.