Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have had HP products for years and every time I get an issue / problem...... it is the most exasperating, frustrating and debilitating experience I have ever endured with technical products of any type just to get a straight forward answer / resolution. Why is your support system so pathetic? The online support takes you around in circles. Even posts by HP employees on your forum give incorrect links in response to problems. If I did that in my job I would be sacked!!

Why can't HP just provide a link that works.....we do not want or need all the pages of reading.....just a button to click!

This is my current problem: I have upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo G50 80 laptop.

I have a Photosmart Express C4280 inkjet printer. All the HP software has disappeared  as you would expect on an upgrade.

I cannot find a solution anywhere on your very irritating 'support' system. Even the links for the HP Solution Centre Software provided by your people do not go to where they promised!

All the other software/driver providers have met the deadline for the Windows 10 upgrade.....but not HP it seems.

I have said this before (particularly since I stupidly purchased the beautifully stylish, but criminally underpowered HP Envy x2 notebook......I will never buy HP products again!!! You cannot hear my screams but you get the point I hope.

Meanwhile, since I am stuck with an all-in-one printer that doesn't work can you please help me? Is there anyone in your 'organisation' who can provide a straightforward easy to follow reply?

HP Recommended

I can sincerely empathise with you after my experience last weekend.  I too went in circles via the HP support assistant, each time it took me to a broken link.  I did keep writing 'NO it didn't work!' & 'Please fix this link', in the feedback section.  Maybe after the 20 or so times that I did this, someone picked it up and repaired the link.  I  don't know but HP did fix it by the Tuesday for my printer, the F4500. 

For what it is worth, my printer would work in Win 10 but it would not scan.  I managed to solve the problem before HP fixed the link, because I discovered that I had downloaded the file onto another computer last year which I then copied to a USB memory stick and transferrred to my laptop.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

thanks, I saw your note and didnt download this software. Instead I went to the download drivers link and found the complete driver package for my printer, which worked perfectly

HP Recommended

Hi there, I thought this link could probably also work on my officejet 6500 E709, but it doesn't. Is it possible for you to also forward a link for that printer? You'd get a thousand thumbs up. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Hi @shortcut1

you should be albe to go to http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-6500-all-in-one-printer-series-e709/379... and download the drivers you need, make sure you select the right OS,

heres the direct link to the drivers just in case for Windows 8.1 and 10.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL31304/mp-110035-3/OJ_AIO_6500_E709_Full_Win_WW_140_408-5...

Bops

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the “Thumbs Up” in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

It's easy. Under the Support link at top of page go to Software and Drivers, enter your model number and click Find My Product. It will give you all the drivers available, either update what you already have or just download the entire package if it's for a new computer. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem (my printer works with Windows 10, but not the scanner).  Since I'm not sure what exactly it is you did for the fix, and I have nothing to copy from my former laptop, can you tell me how to (in simple words please) how to reconnect my scanner to my ASUS laptop?

Thx!!!!!

Buffy2

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I started this post months ago. Eventually "HP Solution Centre" became available for my printer. I don't know why or how....perhaps HP took note of my frustration...though I doubt it! They are far too big to even communicate with us individuals as evidenced on this post. It was the perfect opportunity to set out their case and do some public relations....but nada!

Perhaps they were just months behind producing the Windows 10 compatible Solution Centre, I don't know.

Keep trying their website for your particular printer......good luck with that!!

Even when they do produce the goods it is like walking in the swamp trying to navigate their website. It is certainly the worst "Help" website that I have experienced and they don't seem to care, that is the tradegy. How does a business survive with that attitude?

One thing to remember....don't buy HP again.

HP Recommended

It's really simple, if you read the previous posts I've already posted the easy solution. If you simply go the the supprt link and click on software and drivers and enter your product information they wil give you a full listing of al the drivers available. You just need to download the driver or driver package for your product. I was trying to get the full solution center for my HP printer and it all downloaded perfectly just like it was new. 

HP Recommended

Place cursor over "Support" at the top right of the page.

A drop down list appears.  Select "Software and Drivers".

This opens a new web page. 

Either select the orange "identify my product" button, install the software and hope that this works ...

Or enter your HP model number, like 'Deskjet F4580', press the 'Find my Product' and hope that it works.

If it does, you should see a picture of your printer.

HP will offer to check your computor for the correct driver or you can install it yourself from the 'Download' button below this choice.  If the link works, the software will download.  It takes a while.

If you cannot find the download, type 'Download' in the search box (bottom left of your screen) or even 'HP Downloads'

The top choice should be the link to the download folder.

Open the folder, look for the file with the most recent date and it should have the same name as your printer like

'HP Deskjet F4500 All-in-One Series Full Feature Software and Driver - DJ_AIO_06_F4500_140_408-5'

Double click and it should instal everything you need.

I hope that this solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.