Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This would be great except theDeskjet F380 doesn't have a Settings button.  I echo all the previous complaints, especially the one about not being able to reuse a previously printed alignment sheet.  The software implies that this can be done but every time I try to bypass the Print a New Sheet step, the software does not accept the scan as an alignment and pops up again.

Come on HP, I don't mind being forced into doing an alignment but I object to wasting paper and ink each time printing yet another Alignment Sheet

HP Recommended

I have a Deskjet 3054A and would love to turn off the alignment too. I don't see a "cancel" button

HP Recommended

http://www.ehow.com/how_4430370_stop-printer-from-printing-extra.html

Now, you have an answer for your whiners.  Unless, that is, you are the culprit that dreamed up this scheme!!!  Don't you realize that you are creating quite a market for the other printer manufacturers? Maybe, like me, you really work for anoher competitor?!?!  I do, now! I know about all the technical stuff as I have done Field Service and am a BSEE, but I also have used a 5500 PSCF for a decade or more, refilling cartridges more than 25 times.  It's a great machine that spits out great quality and the ink tank lasts 2 months and hundreds of pages. In my humble opinion, give them this link, tell them you will pass the comments on to HP, and become their hero. Any other response will just make you look like the bad guy that tows the company line. It may also attract some crazy who will drop a nuke on your new car!!!!  Just ramblings from a common tater eeking out a meager living. Enjoy your retirement and don't forget to look around and appreciate the lovely things and people around you and give God the credit. Denny

HP Recommended

How can i get read off alignment thing because whenevr am trying to switch on the printer thats the message wich is comming.

HP Recommended

It's since 2009 that this issue hasn't been fixed, I just disable hp entries in the startup, they are not fixing it because they think it's ok to print it twice if you change the black today and the color tomorrow, or if you have already printed the page requested, they think customers shouldn't get involved in how the printer they pay with their money works.

HP Recommended

Buzbuz,

Can you be more expicit about " I just disable hp entries in the startup"?

I, too, don't mind "aligning the heads" but object to the utility insisting that I print out yet another adjustment sheet when I already have about a dozen.  What's weird, HP, is that the utility implies that you can do the alignment if you already have an alignment sheet BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.

HP Recommended

@TFMB wrote:

[snip]   What's weird, HP, is that the utility implies that you can do the alignment if you already have an alignment sheet BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.

The alignment sheet will print after a cartridge is changed.  A new cartrdige requires a new alignment sheet, whill will be different than the previous alignment sheet in subtle ways you may not notice.  Besides alignment (which affects print quality) the alignment page is used to set the operating energy for the printheads.  The latter may affect ink usage as well as print quality.  Skipping the alignment is not a good idea, and will not likely save any ink in the long run.

The alignment will fail if:

• black and the color used for alignment (may be magenta, cyan or yellow depending on the model) do not print properly.  -or- 
  • for models that have a semi automatic alignment the alignment will fail if the sheet is not loaded within a reasonable time and the scan button pressed. -or-
  • for models with automatic alignment the alignment can fail if the sensor has failed or is clouded with ink aerosol.

A failed alignment should be addressed at its root cause rather then bypassign the alignment process.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

The solution suggested above did not work for me.  What did work was for me to download the software for my All in One Printer from HP's Support Site, uninstalling my printer from my PC and then reinstalling the printer using the downloaded software.  Apparently, I had corrupted file(s) on my PC.  Once I had a fresh installation, my problems with "Allign Cartridge" went away.

HP Recommended

If you bypass alignment in the printer menu is easier, I don't know what printer you have with mine C4280 I press cancel+power then I enter the key combo: blue gray green in a sequence, and scroll menu as in blue up, gray down, green ok, I get to to print tests, press ok and then bypass alignment and press OK, cancel cancel to go out the menu

HP Recommended

Printer is HP photosmart d110 series

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.