Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP 1050 printer/scanner/copier.

I haven't made any changes to it and don't observe an error message but when I try to print, it sounds like the paper is trying to feed through and it will go partway down but then stops.  I've looked for a jam but don't see anything. The scanner works fine so I know that the connection is ok.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again pb1031

Thanks for replying back with the opearting system.

This article will get you detail steps on how to approach the troubleshooting of this issue;

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02061020

Also after taking the steps described in the article let's run this utility HP print and scan doctor , download and run,  this tool Diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems.

Update with any errors that the tool may have found or if you still in need of assistance I will try my best to help you.

Hope this Helps!

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

pb1031 sorry to learn that you are having this issue.

Provide the operating system you are using to be able to provide steps in details I will do my best to help you.
This will maximize your chances of getting help in prompt and effective matter.

Hope this helps!
RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended
Would my operating system be what I have running on my computer - Windows 7 home premium?
HP Recommended

Hi again pb1031

Thanks for replying back with the opearting system.

This article will get you detail steps on how to approach the troubleshooting of this issue;

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02061020

Also after taking the steps described in the article let's run this utility HP print and scan doctor , download and run,  this tool Diagnoses and resolves many printing, scanning, and connectivity problems.

Update with any errors that the tool may have found or if you still in need of assistance I will try my best to help you.

Hope this Helps!

RobertoR

HP Recommended

I read the Solution for this problem. Unfortunately, it didnt work for me. There is no jam. When I try to print the test print, the paper goes in a bit but doesnt go further. I tried cleaning the rollers. It doesnt print.

My printer is out of warranty. Is there help available?

HP Recommended

Having the same issue here. About 1/4 of the paper gets sucked into the printer but stops there. Am able to pull the paper out easily. Tried all methods on the link given but still does not work. This is actually the first time I've tried to use the printer since i bought it 1.5 years ago. Please advise. My laptop is running on Windows 7 professional. 

Note, There is no Paper Jam. Paper just does not make it to where the cartridge is. Roller delivers the paper to a point and then stops.  I've even tried using paper of a diffferent grade. 

Please help 

HP Recommended

Yes – it is the same problem I have as Angsheena has - paper won't feed – only that mine is a HP Deskjet 1000 Printer model VCVRA-1003

And I use Windows 7 64-bit

The printer is fairly new.

No paper jam

No Blinking Power light with a paper jam

I have read the Solution for this problem. Unfortunately, it didnt work for me.

The only difference from before when the printer did print and until now where the paper will not run through the printer is that I have moved the printer

HP Recommended
i got this problem solved. I did have a pen somewhere inside blocking the paper from feeding in. My problem is solved!
HP Recommended

If a foreign object such as a paper clip or pen has fallen inside the printer, then you may experiece paper feed problems. Go to the document given below. (Although the printer model is different, the steps to be followed to check for obstructions is the same)

The document has a video on how to clear paper jam. This video has steps to check for obstructions in the paper path. Follow the steps to remove any foreign material:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02130018

Note: Do not turn the printer upside down at any point, it can result in ink leakage.

Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs up icon in the post
Please mark reply as "Accept as Solution" if it solved the problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
HP Recommended

My printer will not feed the paper in order to print.  I tried to make a copy without any computer or programs, but the paper only rolls up around the paper feed roller and jams.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.