Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you for you comments and i surprised to hear your problem regarding your HP printer.

I am using laserjet 1020 printer on windows 7 Bit and also on Bit with no problem.

i have received some comments on my youtube page that for some persons the driver for windows 7 not working and the above stated method (installing vista driver in windows 7)  surprisingly works well.

i suggest you to try this method (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OSzvW4gMIU).And also did you try to reinstall fresh copy of windows 7 and try again.

I wish your problem will be solved.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

After I downloaded the basic printer driver, I'm not sure what to do:

"2. after downloading driver for vista extract it even exe file with winrar and then go to device manager and then HP laserjet 1020 which is shown as unkown device and right click on it and after that update driver

3.  and after that go to folder where extarct vista driver exe and select it ."

How do I extract the file?

Thanks,
Isabella

HP Recommended

Hi Isabella,

You had the basic device driver good. (Note: if you are using Windows 7 x64 then use basic device driver of x64 OS)

I have recorded and uploaded video of this method on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OSzvW4gMIU 

If you face any problem please let me know, i ll happy to help you.

take care

Hassan

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

I'm using Win7 Ultimate 32bit

Here my experience to share with you, I hope that it could help you use HP1020 LaserJet properly

1/ Download HP1020 driver for WinXP

2/ Unzip the package, it will automatically installed the drivers into  :\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\LaserJet 1020_1022 Drivers  folder

3/ Power on your printer and connect it to your computer.

4/ Right click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager

5/ in Device Manager, double click on HP 1020 LaserJet icon, press Update Driver button (Tab General)

6/ Browse to the above folder where you installed drivers.

7/ Finish.

HP Recommended

Also in trouble and hoping to get help. Though a little bit of off-topic - I have problems in installing/using LaserJet 1022 in Windows Vista. Here's my story:

I installed HP LaserJet 1022 to Windows Vista and it worked fine for one time. From next (USB-)connection on my laptop with Windows Vista does not recognise the printer. I did not find any possibility to uninstall the driver (nothing was listed nor under programs and features nor printers), either, I just could delete the folder of HP from program files (did not find an uninstall-file there either). So I just deleted the folder and of course installer from my desktop. After very many trials to download the software again I have not succeeded to install it so it would work - the installation process ends up in the dead end (with no signs what so ever). The folder Hewlett-Packard and subf. LaserJet 1020_1022Drivers appears in the program files, but that's it - no printer is found by the computer. I tried the print spooler restarting thing, too - I do not think my problem is there. Because of these "dead ended installations" I have a paranoia, that there are some traces of stuff from earlier downloads smwhr in my computer, which conflict with the new trials - can it be? how could I find it out... what should I do 😞

HP Recommended

hey buddies,

use this link for win 7 32 bit drivers for hp laserjet 1020/1022

http://www.getdriver.com/printer/90/download-driver-hp-laserjet-1020-1022-windows-7-32-bit.html

hope this will be useful

HP Recommended

hi, I use this hp laserjet 1020 driver for Win 7 and Mac OS X, good performance

HP Recommended

Hi, I am David from Mexico.... Thank you very much for your valuable assistance.

HP Recommended

For my Windows 7, 64-bit operating system, this was the best way to install the HP LaserJet 1020.

Go to the HP Software & Driver Download page below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=439320

Choose your operating system as Windows 7 64 BIT.

Download the package and install the plug & play driver.  If your HP LaserJet 1020 is plugged in via USB, the computer will automatically recognize it during driver installation and install it.

You will then be ready to go.  None of the advice in this forum helped me figure this out.

HP Recommended

Hey!

This forum was made when there was no device driver available for hp laserjet 1020 for windows 7.

Now there is device driver available for windows 7 from HP so you should choose the simple way now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.