Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

You, my friend, are genius.  I've put in over 4 hours trying to figure this out.  After reading your post (found it after going through Apple, HP, every blog I could find) I shut down the printer, shut down the computer, shut down the router, then restarted in reverse order.  got 'her done.  Thank you!!!

HP Recommended

And if it happens again, try just turing wifi of and then back on, on your computer. That works every time for me. Every now and again the problem reappears. It seems however you drop your computer from the router it seems to fix it.

HP Recommended
Thank you! Been trying for days to troubleshoot my network printer. Don't know why I didn't think to restart the router along with the computer and printer. This workrdt.
HP Recommended

How do you set up and interface the WPS?  I am going crazy with my new Netgear router and can no longer print or scan wirelessly.  Really having a hard time finding help with this and I don't have a Mac.

HP Recommended

This was the answer...thanks so much for posting it.....not sure if it will be long term answer but as a side product, my Bose Soundlink worked as a result of the same approach.

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

My printer (8500 officejet pro) is connected to my wi-fi but my MacBook Air can't find it. I have already reset the printer, turned it off and back on, re-connected it to my wi-fi and run the wifi test print. Says it's connected. But, my laptop is saying it's not on-line.  They are on the same subnet.  I need suggestions to make this work. Hard wire is not an option. Thank you.

HP Recommended

TRY MANUAL INSTALLATION

What I did that worked:

1) I followed the steps from the others about uninstalling the old HP software, doing disk clean up.

2) New HP software and driver for my printer could not install the printer. Therefore installed the HP software and driver on my computer alone without installing the printer.

3) MAnually installed printer by clicking on 'add printer' in windows 'printer and hardware' section of the control panel

4) Used the HP scan and print doctor to make any further changes and printer and scanner worked.

HP Recommended

Thank you Top Student.  After months of attempting to synch my printer and giving up, I bought a new printer only to encounter the same problem.  I followed your suggestion and all is fixed.  Thank you!

HP Recommended

This thread has been locked, which means you can no longer respond to it. This is a similar thread that may have the answer to your question, http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/My-printer-is-offline-how-do-I-get-it-back-on-line/m-p/..., thank you for visiting the forums!

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.