Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The part you circled in yellow, pivots from a lower position (not easily visible) to an upper position (like shown in the photo).  The piece isn't missing, it has simply pivoted to the lower position.

HP Recommended

I found the root of this problem!!!!!

There is a broken gear on the left side of the axel that print head moves on.

This gear is white.  I have not fixed this yet, just found the cause.

Adam

HP Recommended

I bought the 8500 in December 2010.  Had the same error messgae by February and have not been able to resolve it....and why sould I spend 10 hours trying to resolve an issue with a brand new product.  i dislike phone chat with indians as a hobby. I also had a problem with a laptop screen.. and just got that back from their service center.  Quality at it's worst.  I plan on shopping for any other brand very soon.  

HP Recommended

thanks soooo much, that corrected the error message, reset my printer and took away all the strange clicking noises, now i can print again.

HP Recommended

Okay my assistant and I have spent the whole morning on this false paper jam/clicking problem and we have found a solution.  Try to copy something and push about 4 pages toward the paper tray arm as it tries to copy.  This has fixed the problem twice about 4 months apart.  We think that somehow pushing the paper through resets some kind of sensor and forces the printer to acknowledge that it does not have a paper jam. 🙂  But seriously, it works now!

HP Recommended

I have the parts to fix the Paper jam error message. I can offer soultions such as, Parts, Printer Repair, Advanced Printer Exchange. The white gear, or cog, that is broken, or that will break in time, will always be a problem untill it is replaced with a new emproved gear/cog. {Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

I knew if I googled the make and model of my printer I would find the problem and solution.After countless hours on the phone and without a printer, I find a fix on this blog. WD40...Ryan, you are a genius. Maybe HP should hire you and pay you big bucks to fix their crap. Now maybe I can figure out why I cant get any consistency from the wireless side of the printer device. Thanks again!!!

HP Recommended

My A10G is brand new out of the box and won't feed in paper to process the original setup.  Multiple hours on the phone on the tin can and string HP phone network to India.  Finally got a supervisor to agree to replace the unit.  He wanted to charge me, first  for 1 week plus ground shipment, then for 2nd day air.  He also tried to sell me more ink - for the printer I have plenty of ink for but which doesn't work.  But who knows; with the advice here I might this one working before the replacement comes.

The frightening things about the HP tech support;

1. Clearly, the techs have never actually seen or used one of them. 

2. They don't listen to anything you say (may be the phone system).

3. Other then reading a script, they seem to have no training whatsoever.

4. No one at HP ever seems to learn anything even when documented on their own forums.  Imagine what would they could accomplish with a video showing how to safely and effectively lub these parts, and how to trick the feeder into working again when it sticks.

FWIW, I bought mine from HP directly WITH a Care Pack.  I almost sent it away with one of my kids to college.  I can see now how bad a choice that would have been.

HP Recommended

I purchased the 8500A about a month ago for work and it too acts up.  It makes loud clunking noise, it says it's out of paper when in fact the other tray would be full.  When using the feeder papers are always miscounted. I did have an error message once of a paper jam and there was none.  I think I need to cut my loss and return this device and order a non HP product.

HP Recommended

Open up the top so you can see the black mechanism with the spring inside of it. You can actually take your finger and move the cylinder inside the spring back and forth. Spray some WD 40 and work it back and forth. Play with the other surrounding gears and make the feeder machanism move up and down. Unplug the unit and plug back in and turn on. This should solve your problem. It did for me and many others. Too bad HP cant send a technical bulitin out on this???

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.