Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

All I seem to get on the printer is the above message  - Problem with Printhead and beneath it there is a code 0xc19a0042.

Could someone tell me how to get this printer working again I have tried switching off, removing toner cartridges, looking for any obstructions, switching on resending printing and the same message comes up. 

Any help would be greatly appreicated, Oh and also when I took the printer out of the box it came in a small plastic cog fell out, this may have something to do with it but it has been printing well since I got it a month ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi folks, just checking you got a replacement printer from HP Support?

Thanks

Ciara

Note for anyone else on this thread, please see links below for Support Docs

Americas & Asia

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839288

Europe, Middle East, Africa

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839289

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
HP Recommended

Hi @jadc2688 

I am sorry to see you are having troubles with your 6830. Please complete all of the troubleshooting steps presented in the following document; 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error M....

If the issue persists, please call us. If you are in Canada or US call 800 474 6836, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

HP printers generally have a 1 year warranty from their purchase date, you can verify the warranty using the following link if you would like; warranty check. 

I hope this helps.

I hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

can you tell me what i need to do?

HP Recommended

message on prenter problem with printhead oxc19a0020 and oxc19a0035 what going on need printer for job!

HP Recommended

Hi @cloyce4346,

What I suggest is to use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi folks, just checking you got a replacement printer from HP Support?

Thanks

Ciara

Note for anyone else on this thread, please see links below for Support Docs

Americas & Asia

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839288

Europe, Middle East, Africa

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04839289

HP Recommended

Same problem here.   HP 6830 "Problem with the printhead"

HP Recommended

Hi @fx24

Can I please suggest that you call HP support, as it's likely you'll require a replacement printer.

Please let us know how you get on

Thanks, Ciara

HP_contact numbers.jpg

HP Recommended
Need help with device status printhead? Is mine removable
HP Recommended
Device status printhead. 6830?? Help
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.