06-11-2014 11:05 AM
A workstation connected to a printer through a windows 2008 print server suddenly started printing an error page, despite which program was being printed from (notepad, word, pdf reader, etc). Connecting the same workstation to a separate 4350 printer on the same print server produced the same error. In addition, the connecting the same workstation to either printer through a 2008 R2 print server, or directly connecting the workstation to the printer's IP address, produces the same error page. No other workstation on the network produces this same error page (as of yet).
The print error page that is printed is as follows:
PCL XL error
Error: Illegal OperatorSequence
I ended up downloading a new print driver (Universal PCL 5) and installed that instead of using the print driver from windows update.
Has anyone else run into this issue? Did a new driver recently get pushed through windows update?
Also, is this something that might end up affecting all of the workstations, and how would you advice I go about making sure that it doesn't?
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series