06-11-2014 11:05 AM
A workstation connected to a printer through a windows 2008 print server suddenly started printing an error page, despite which program was being printed from (notepad, word, pdf reader, etc). Connecting the same workstation to a separate 4350 printer on the same print server produced the same error. In addition, the connecting the same workstation to either printer through a 2008 R2 print server, or directly connecting the workstation to the printer's IP address, produces the same error page. No other workstation on the network produces this same error page (as of yet).
The print error page that is printed is as follows:
PCL XL error
Error: Illegal OperatorSequence
I ended up downloading a new print driver (Universal PCL 5) and installed that instead of using the print driver from windows update.
Has anyone else run into this issue? Did a new driver recently get pushed through windows update?
Also, is this something that might end up affecting all of the workstations, and how would you advice I go about making sure that it doesn't?
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)