07-31-2013 06:07 AM
HELP! My HP 5510 has stopped printing black! There's a new cartridge in there which is vented properly, and I've cleaned the head and cleaned the screen onto which the cartridge goes. ALSO (GRRRRRRRR!) while the wireless is connected, the printer won't connect to the Internet, so i have no access to printer apps. ANYBODY???
07-31-2013 09:17 AM
Make sure you are using a new HP ink cartirdge. Anythign that has been refurbished or refilled cannot be counted on, you get what you pay for.
Assuming you are already using a new HP cartridge the next step is to replace the print heads. Run the printer cleaning routine after they are installed should ensure they are working correctly.
Regarding the internet problem I'm not sure what to tell you. Your printer does not need to connect to the internet to print anything, only your computer needs to be connected to the internet. Please let us know what printer apps you are trying to use so we can provide more information.
03-30-2015 10:14 PM
I just replaced all my ink catridges, did a test, clean print heads, made sure that they are vented.
my printer is just over a year old and isnt under warranty any more.
did it just die? do i need to buy another printer?
03-31-2015 06:21 AM
Inkjet printers are simple, there are only a few components that are related to placing ink to paper. The biggest problem area is the cartridge, which contains the ink and contacts to the printer carriage. The second most likely problem area is the printheads.
You mentioned cleaning the printheads which suggests that they were not built into your cartridges. That means the next step is to replace the printheads. Between the new cartridges and new printheads your black prints should return to normal.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series