09-26-2012 03:51 PM
I am sorry that you are having that problem with your printer. Here is a document addressing the incompatible print cartridge error message. It will offer troubleshooting steps to attempt to try to fix that error message and get the printer back to functioning correctly. I hope this helps.
09-27-2012 07:58 AM
I appreciate the solution offered, however I tried all the options presented in the document to no avail! The priner works fine with HP 61 black & color, but will not accept the HP61XL Black (have not tried color). Perhaps the driver needs to be fixed?
09-27-2012 09:54 AM
That cartridge should work for that printer. It is on the list for compatibility. I have check for windows 7 and vista operating systems, at this time I do not see an update available for the firmware yet. Compare the cartridge body to that of the others. The cartridge itself might be faulty.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series