05-28-2012 08:31 AM
My 6500 E709A is printing everything in dark green when I am printing from my laptop. Whether in color or grayscale it does not matter. If I am copying I do get Black ink. All the cartridges appear to full. I have changed the color option in preferences, nad get the same results.
05-29-2012 01:23 PM
Welcome to the HP Consumer Printer Forums.
What program are you printing from? Have you tried printing from different programs and get the same result?
05-29-2012 07:35 PM
The programs I use primarily are Printmaster 2011 Platinum, Payroll Mate, and Quicken. I get the green effects in both Printmaster and Payroll Mate. In Quicken I can change to Black Ink only and get Black Ink. As I said before, the printer copies in black ink. I also ran a printing test, and the report came out perfectly.
05-30-2012 07:45 AM
Ok, as it seems to be a problem with just certain programs on your computer, can you try printing something from MS Word, Wordpad, and or Notepad (just a simple text document should suffice)?
05-30-2012 07:24 PM
I downloaded the driver again and I believe it solved my problem. While printing out something from Word, I printed out something from Printmaster and Payroll Mate again. This time I got out the proper colors. I do have an additional question. When in preferences I sometimes get the ability to print in black ink only, and sometimes it is not an option. Do you know why?
05-31-2012 09:31 AM
Glad to see your initial issue was resolved!
As far as your follow-up question, it may be a setting specific to the program you are using, or the print job you are printing.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series