Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (172 Views)

6500 printing green

My 6500 E709A is printing everything in dark green when I am printing from my laptop.  Whether in color or grayscale it does not matter.  If I am copying I do get Black ink.  All the cartridges appear to full.   I have changed the color option in preferences, nad get the same results. 

Professor
Message 2 of 6 (161 Views)

Re: 6500 printing green

Hi BillDMK,

Welcome to the HP Consumer Printer Forums.

What program are you printing from? Have you tried printing from different programs and get the same result?

Smiley Happy If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (156 Views)

The programs I use primarily are Printmaster 2011 Platinum, Payroll Mate, and Quicken.  I get the green effects in both Printmaster and Payroll Mate.  In Quicken I can change to Black Ink only and get Black Ink.  As I said before, the printer copies in black ink.  I also ran a printing test, and the report came out perfectly.

Professor
Message 4 of 6 (154 Views)

Ok, as it seems to be a problem with just certain programs on your computer, can you try printing something from MS Word, Wordpad, and or Notepad (just a simple text document should suffice)?

Smiley Happy If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution Smiley Happy
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (149 Views)

I downloaded the driver again and I  believe it solved my problem.  While printing out something from Word, I printed out something from Printmaster and Payroll Mate again.  This time I got out the proper colors.  I do have an additional question.  When in preferences I sometimes get the ability to print in black ink only, and sometimes it is not an option.  Do you  know why?

Professor
Message 6 of 6 (146 Views)

Glad to see your initial issue was resolved!

As far as your follow-up question, it may be a setting specific to the program you are using, or the print job you are printing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation