Question

Honor Student
BillDMK
Message 1 of 6 (156 Views)

6500 printing green

My 6500 E709A is printing everything in dark green when I am printing from my laptop.  Whether in color or grayscale it does not matter.  If I am copying I do get Black ink.  All the cartridges appear to full.   I have changed the color option in preferences, nad get the same results. 

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 6 (145 Views)

Re: 6500 printing green

Hi BillDMK,

Welcome to the HP Consumer Printer Forums.

What program are you printing from? Have you tried printing from different programs and get the same result?

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
BillDMK
Message 3 of 6 (140 Views)

The programs I use primarily are Printmaster 2011 Platinum, Payroll Mate, and Quicken.  I get the green effects in both Printmaster and Payroll Mate.  In Quicken I can change to Black Ink only and get Black Ink.  As I said before, the printer copies in black ink.  I also ran a printing test, and the report came out perfectly.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 4 of 6 (138 Views)

Ok, as it seems to be a problem with just certain programs on your computer, can you try printing something from MS Word, Wordpad, and or Notepad (just a simple text document should suffice)?

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
BillDMK
Message 5 of 6 (133 Views)

I downloaded the driver again and I  believe it solved my problem.  While printing out something from Word, I printed out something from Printmaster and Payroll Mate again.  This time I got out the proper colors.  I do have an additional question.  When in preferences I sometimes get the ability to print in black ink only, and sometimes it is not an option.  Do you  know why?

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 6 of 6 (130 Views)

Glad to see your initial issue was resolved!

As far as your follow-up question, it may be a setting specific to the program you are using, or the print job you are printing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation