Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I, too, am having trouble with printing black. Looking for a job and trying to sell my car to pay mortgage... don't have the money or time to muck around with this or buy a new printer. I have always been a loyal HP consumer, but given all of the others that appear to be having the same trouble I may need to reconsider. Okay, HP, what are you going to do to make it right? Please help!

HP Recommended

Hello Folks,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you are running into some print quality issues on your HP Photosmart 6510, you are unable to print in black ink..

I would like you to continue here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, I understand you may have done some of these steps already but I need you to complete all steps in order to resolve the missing black issue you are experiencing.

Please note: There are three printhead cleaning stages. Complete all three stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. Please let me know which Country/Region you are in as well as the product Warranty status: HP Warranty Checker

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Bought a new printer yesterday. Had already gone through all of the suggested steps... more than once (except the service part). Warranty had run out.

HP Recommended

I too have exhausted endless cleanining, resets, alignments, re install, two new black cartridges, and see many have has some issue...color work great, NO BLACK!

Just dont see any solutions posted here, so HP Support, reach out to me...I NEED TO PRINT IN BLACK.

HP Recommended

Hi geeareuu,

Thank you for the troubleshooting you have already completed. Can you please leave me with your Country/Region so we can move forward. 🙂

I hope to hear from you soon.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

USA Colorado

HP Recommended

geeareuu,

I have sent you a Private message on the Forums! 🙂 Please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thank you,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

USA/  Maryland

HP Recommended

chasnr,

Thank you for the requested information. I have sent you a Private message, please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem in the UK. Have followed all the instructioren on the page you referred plus other instrutions on other the web pages to (bar the service) but noted that the link was to a 5520 and my printer is a 6510. Have cleaned the print head several times and replaced all the cartirges.

Any other suggestions. My printer is out of warntee but not old this is the first time i have had a problem. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.