Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

We have the same issue described here.  Our HP6510 will not print in black, despite changing cartridges, repeated cleanings from the printer and also via the software on the PC.  I've taken every step described in the posts and troubleshooting pages and the best we can get from the black cartridge is a pale gray.  Unless we can get a resolution soon, we will be forced to buy a new printer and it will NOT be an HP product.  We've had the printer for about 2 years so it is out of warrenty.  We are in the US so it won't be hard to find a good wireless alternative if we can't find a resolution to this issue.

HP Recommended

Enz78,

I did thank you, actually glad it's over back to reality! lol I hope you enjoyed the Holidays as well, do not worry we will get this taken care of for you.

I appreciate the requested information, I have sent you a Private message on the Forums. Please go to your Userpage to the right of your Username you will see your inbox.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello @jespere40,

I have sent you a Private message, please go to your inbox.

Thank you, 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Same problem with all new ink cartridges black and colour , all relevant/basic checks, print-head cleans, lots of paper and ink being used up. Colours print fine, but no black ink!!!?? Seems a common problem with HP 6510 all-in-ones that are just over a year old??? Not a good advertisement for continuing to invest in HP? 

HP Recommended

Hi @AJ_2015,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you are running into some print quality issues on your HP Photosmart 6510, you are unable to print in black ink.

I would like you to continue here: Printer Does Not Print Black Ink or Color Ink, or Prints Blank Pages, I understand you may have done some of these steps already but I need you to complete all steps in order to resolve the missing black issue you are experiencing.

Please note: There are three printhead cleaning stages. Complete all three stages if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes after the last (third) cleaning stage to start the first stage of the cleaning process over again.

If you are still unable to print in black ink, I suspect the issue may be the printer and not the cartridge. Please let me know which Country/Region you are in as well as the product Warranty status: HP Warranty Checker

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
I have already specified my region (US) and that the printer is out of warranty. I have also taken all the steps in the link ... and said that too in my original post. So do I now need to start researching othe brands of printers or do you have some concrete and affordable repair options?
HP Recommended

Hello @jespere40,

I was not asking you for the same information you had already given, maybe you missed my earlier post where I told you I had sent a Private message to your inbox on ‎12-29-2014 10:21 AM.

I was requesting information from another customer who I tagged in the above post 🙂

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

It has been almost a month since I was last told there was a "delay in processing the gift card." Subsequent private messages have gone unanswered.

What is the actual resolution here? Am I supposedly going to receive a gift card of $XX to replace an out-of-warranty printer that is suddenly suffering from the same issue that so many others are having? 

I would have expected HP to actually try to address the root cause of this issue, and to take responsibility for all the time, ink, money, etc that everyone has wasted on this problem!

Can we please get a real update?

HP Recommended

rhlin,

I apologize for the delay, thank you for bringing this to my attention. HP should be in contact with you shortly.

Thank you again for your patience.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my 6510 all in one. It is not printing in black. I have done everything on the list short of sending it out for service. I am in the US and the printer is out of warranty. Pls advise what to do to solve this. I have important documents to print. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.