07-25-2013 03:39 PM
I've been having the same problem since late June......have ordered LOTS of new ink and still nothing works. It works every now & then but only faintly. the other colors seem to work fine. Just not the BLACK cartridges, and I've changed 4 times. Today I tried updating drivers, and the "Print & Scan Doctor" program keeps indicating there is a conflict with the drivers, asking me to uninstall and reinstall. Did that, and still no black ink, and when I retry the Print & Scan Doctor" it keeps indicating a driver conflict - again asking me to uninstall and reinstall. I've had it with this thing.
Try aligning the cartridges using the "TOOLS" screen. If, like me, you get an Error.....printer cartridge could NOT be aligned......then contact customer service, as this appears to indicate the printer heads are failing on your printer. Mine was still under warranty and they are replacing it with a new printer. This model doesn't have removable print heads.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)