12-05-2013 12:42 PM
I've seen some discussion of similar problems in other forums, but no soolutions help me.
I recently set up a new 6520 all-in-one on a PC running Windows 7 Professional. Because I had it a while before the install, I downloaded everything from the hp site. I did not use the cd. I think I should have all the latest softare and drivers.
If I print photos wirelessly from an iPod or iPad, the printing goes to the photo tray just fine so I know the mechanism works. (If I print a document from the iPod or iPad, it goes to the other tray just fine, by the way.)
I cannot, however, get printing from the PC to go to the photo tray. I've tried windows photo viewer, GIMP, and right clicking on a jpeg and selecting print. When I can find the dialog, I do select photo tray and 4X6. Whatever I do, the print comes out using the bottom tray.
I can, of course, put the photo paper in the bottom tray, select 4 X 6 and then it works just fine.
So. Is this a feature? Is there some detail I'm missing? Help!
12-05-2013 03:21 PM
OK, I've continued searching. One of the entries in this forum tells to use the hp software for printing. I find that with a little honking around I can print a saved jpeg using HP Photo Creations and it will print to the photo tray. So, I know it works. That, however, means I have to do some work in another program, save the result, then print from Photo Creations. Now, as I've noted above, GIMP gives me a dialogue that allows me to select the photo tray, but it doesn't take. I still wonder what I'm missing.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Fixing Print Quality Problems for the HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One Printers
- HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)