Question

Honor Student
JOfficejet6700
Message 1 of 4 (1,643 Views)
Accepted Solution

6700 double-sided reverse printing (Mac)

Officejet 6700 Premium. Printing from Word. Mac Lion (10.7.4) and the latest download from HP (7-25-12). Using Bonjour (wireless.) The back side is always as if short-binding no matter if long- or short-binding is selected. Is this an HP driver problem? There are plenty of complaints of this type outside this forum for all kind of HP printers. Thanks.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 4 (1,639 Views)

Re: 6700 double-sided reverse printing (Mac)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Make sure to check for any available HP Update by clicking the Apple icon and then Software Update.

If the same persists, try resetting the printing system and then re-add the printer by following the HP Setup Asistsant.

*Be aware that resetting the printer system will remove any existing print queue and reset any customized driver settings.

Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences .
Select Print & Scan.
Right-click (or Ctrl + click) your product in the Printers list in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system .
Click OK to confirm the reset.
Type your user Name and Password .
Click OK . The printing system resets.

For any further issue, are you printing a portrait or landscape print job?

Which application being used to print - is there any difference by printing from other applications as Textedit or Preview?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
JOfficejet6700
Message 3 of 4 (1,628 Views)

Re: 6700 double-sided reverse printing (Mac)

Rsetting the Printing System did it. I was doing portrait and tried Preview and TextEdit who had failed before. All, including Word works now. Thanks a lot!

Student
RedBayRuth
Message 4 of 4 (454 Views)

Re: 6700 double-sided reverse printing (Mac) - double sided flips 2nd page

Well here it is 2014 and this problem still exists!  I just bought this printer and am frustrated it does not print the 2nd page of a double sided document properly.  I have tried it all. I have uninstall and reinstalled the driver 2 times. I have used the Apple driver and the HP driver direct from the download service.  

I have checked all settings and all are as they should be. Printing on the short edge, everything imaginable. 

NOTHING HELPS!! 

Please fix this. Or does another customer have to return the printer?  This is so frustrating. 

HELP ME!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation