Question

Tutor
gtpierce
Message 1 of 5 (639 Views)
Accepted Solution

7520 print queue does not clear

Just installed a 7520 on Windows 7 system. Running wireless. An initial print job will print fine, but does not get removed from the print queue. This blocks subsequent print jobs until I manually delete the first job from the queue. It is as if the computer does not receive a signal from the printer that the job is done. Thanks in advance.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 5 (626 Views)

Re: 7520 print queue does not clear

Try to STOP and RESTART your print spooler.

1. Click Start Menu

2. RIGHT-CLICK on COMPUTER

3. Choose MANAGE

4. Select Services and Applications

5. Choose Services

6. Scroll down to Printer Spooler, and STOP and RESTART it.

Let me know if that helps, thanks.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Tutor
gtpierce
Message 3 of 5 (624 Views)

Thanks for the advice about the spooler. Actually, this problem went away on its own, so perhaps I unknowingly recycled something that stopped and restarted the spooler.

Student
texjec
Message 4 of 5 (608 Views)

I tried stopping and starting the spooler.  It quickly printed the jobs in the queue, which was good, but then subsequent jobs suffered the same problem:  the 1st job prints successfully but shows in the queue as "printing" and nothing else can print.  Of course me, my wife, and my kids are not going to bounce the Spooler every time we want to print something.

Student
mmstrain
Message 5 of 5 (407 Views)

Great Answer! Many thanks!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation