8180 All-in-One error message "Out of Paper! Place paper face down in main tray". (95 Views)
Student
RedMule7
Message 1 of 2 (95 Views)

8180 All-in-One error message "Out of Paper! Place paper face down in main tray".

Recently, when attempting to print an item I get the message "Out of Paper! Place paper face down in the main tray."  It is plain printing paper and I have changed the properties to indicate "Paper Type" as plain paper. Help in correcting this would be appreciated.

In addition the touch screen has never worked which keeps me from using the "Copy" and "Slides and 35mm" scan functions.  The only way I can use the flatbed scanner is going through the computer's control panel.  Is there any way to rectify these situations?

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 2 (78 Views)

Re: 8180 All-in-One error message "Out of Paper! Place paper face down in main tray".

Sorry that you are experiencing these issue. Here is a link that may assist you with the front panel screen not responding.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01491613&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&la...

For the "Out of Paper" error, see if you can uninstall and re-install the software and drivers from the computer and see if it helps.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation