Re: Alternate driver for photosmart 7660 in windows 7 will not install - says it is not digitally si (473 Views)
Top Student
gatordave
Message 1 of 8 (1,257 Views)
Accepted Solution

Alternate driver for photosmart 7660 in windows 7 will not install - says it is not digitally signed

New computer with windows 7.  Older hp photosmart 7660.  HP says it has no new driver but has alternate driver. Downloaded alternate driver 

deskjet 5600 as listed as recommended.  Trying to update device manager - says my alternate driver is not digitally signed. not sure where to go from here? 

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 2 of 8 (1,246 Views)

Re: Alternate driver for photosmart 7660 in windows 7 will not install - says it is not digitally si

Try using the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows 7.  That should get the printer installed for you with the right driver.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
gatordave
Message 3 of 8 (1,240 Views)

Re: Alternate driver for photosmart 7660 in windows 7 will not install - says it is not digitally si

Yes, I just redid the printer installation using the install wizard.  When it gets to the end, it tells me that there is no driver and I need to put in an alternate driver, and it auto go to your instructions for loading an alternate driver.  Step 1 is select alt driver,

chart says itis deskjet 5600 and does not have an * meaning I do not have to download from HP.  Following thru Step 2  and

step 3 no problem.  Step 4 configure device manager I select  HP and select HP DESKJET 5600 HPA  (Not the microsoft

windows deskjet 5600 hpa).  When i click yes to install I get the message that It cannot be installed because it is not digitally

signed.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 4 of 8 (1,233 Views)

Try using the Deskjet 990c driver instead of the 5600 driver.  Let me know what happens.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Top Student
gatordave
Message 5 of 8 (1,231 Views)

I retried the whole process this morning and it worked.  I did 2 things different.  First where it asked for manufacturerand I picked Hp, I updated first and then picked the HP deskjet 5600 hpa.  Second, there is one screen that pops up and asked

whether to use the driver that is already there (recomended) or replace it.  I had been chosing replacing because this made sense to me, so this time I went with the recomended and it prints.  I do notice that under devices and printers the now

5600 printer has a yellow triangle next to it.  When you troubleshoot, it tells me that a driver for the photosmart 7660 can

not be found.  May not be able to get rid of that  message.  Thanks for your help. 

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 6 of 8 (1,229 Views)

No problem.  Glad you got it worked out and that you posted your steps.  Thank you for that.  It will help others that are running into the same thing.  Good work.  :smileyhappy:

Signature
Student
Meixwoman
Message 7 of 8 (473 Views)

I just updated to a new computer and have Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit OS. I cannot get my Photosmart 7660 to install, even using the things you suggested. Can you help? Thank you!

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 8 of 8 (458 Views)

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to install your Photosmart 7660 on your Windows 7 Enterprise OS.

I would like to help you, however I would need to know what exactly you are seeing happen when you attempt to install the printer. Are you seeing an error code or does the installation disappear, or is there something else that you are seeing?

In the meantime, try to install the printer by using the HP Printer Install Wizard which will search for the right driver and install it.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation