Question

Honor Student
ep0260
Message 1 of 6 (1,134 Views)

B210a printer won't print black ink

My printer has suddenly stopped printing in black ink. Until 2 days ago the cartridge worked fine. I have replaced the cartridge, cleaned the heads, tried making a copy, all to not avail. The printer will print in any color including grey but not black. The print to grayscale is off.  I've compared the cartridges to other previously used (good) ones and they appear to be identical for venting issues. The printer acknowledged that the new cartridge I tried was an original HP cartridge and not a remanufactured one. 

What else do i check?

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 6 (1,116 Views)

B210a printer won't print black ink

[ Edited ]

I understand your printer is not printing in black. I would take a look at this document.

Let me know how it goes.

Honor Student
james697
Message 3 of 6 (862 Views)

Re: B210a printer won't print black ink

I had the same problem and checked the document posted above which did not help. I finally removed the print head and cleaned the black ink that was a little caked up on it with Q-tips. I then ran another print head clean through the tools menu and the black ink worked perfectly.
Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 4 of 6 (856 Views)

Hi James697,

Thanks for posting your solution in the forums.  Others may find it helpful!

Have a good week! :smileyhappy:

Student
GrannyTea
Message 5 of 6 (215 Views)

And, of course, after following all of the steps, I'm now directed to replace all 4 color cartridges!!!!  On the positive side, after working with my printer for 3 days, the black works and I have an extra black cartridge on hand.  Prior to simply inserting a new black cartridge, everything was fine.

garytech1 wrote:

Hi James697,

Thanks for posting your solution in the forums.  Others may find it helpful!

Have a good week! :smileyhappy:

I'm trying to be smiley and happy, but buying 4 color cartridges that I didn't need BEFORE I replaced a black cartridge, makes that difficult.

Student
Dukester65
Message 6 of 6 (50 Views)

My hp B210a won't print in black ink
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation