12-13-2012 11:15 PM
My printer has suddenly stopped printing in black ink. Until 2 days ago the cartridge worked fine. I have replaced the cartridge, cleaned the heads, tried making a copy, all to not avail. The printer will print in any color including grey but not black. The print to grayscale is off. I've compared the cartridges to other previously used (good) ones and they appear to be identical for venting issues. The printer acknowledged that the new cartridge I tried was an original HP cartridge and not a remanufactured one.
What else do i check?
08-13-2013 02:41 PM
07-22-2014 07:27 AM
And, of course, after following all of the steps, I'm now directed to replace all 4 color cartridges!!!! On the positive side, after working with my printer for 3 days, the black works and I have an extra black cartridge on hand. Prior to simply inserting a new black cartridge, everything was fine.
Thanks for posting your solution in the forums. Others may find it helpful!
Have a good week!
I'm trying to be smiley and happy, but buying 4 color cartridges that I didn't need BEFORE I replaced a black cartridge, makes that difficult.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series