12-13-2012 11:15 PM
My printer has suddenly stopped printing in black ink. Until 2 days ago the cartridge worked fine. I have replaced the cartridge, cleaned the heads, tried making a copy, all to not avail. The printer will print in any color including grey but not black. The print to grayscale is off. I've compared the cartridges to other previously used (good) ones and they appear to be identical for venting issues. The printer acknowledged that the new cartridge I tried was an original HP cartridge and not a remanufactured one.
What else do i check?
08-13-2013 02:41 PM
07-22-2014 07:27 AM
And, of course, after following all of the steps, I'm now directed to replace all 4 color cartridges!!!! On the positive side, after working with my printer for 3 days, the black works and I have an extra black cartridge on hand. Prior to simply inserting a new black cartridge, everything was fine.
Thanks for posting your solution in the forums. Others may find it helpful!
Have a good week!
I'm trying to be smiley and happy, but buying 4 color cartridges that I didn't need BEFORE I replaced a black cartridge, makes that difficult.
- Using HP Diagnostic Tools for HP Printers in Windows
- Printer Problems after Upgrading to Windows 10
- Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows)
- Resolving 'Problem with Printhead,' 'Printer Failure,' 'Ink System Failure,' or a '0x...' or a 'C2...' Error
- 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)