04-10-2014 05:21 PM
I have a HP Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One Printer - C309a and the black quit printing. Done all of the print head cleaning. Did not correct, replaced print head cleaned the contacts with supplied wipe, installed replacement print head, installed new ink carts. on closing the printer went through its process and the print head alingment failed. I ran the clean head routine again, ran the print head alignment and it failed. The black head still does not print. Is it time to replace the printer with a new one. New printers are priced as such that a person can't spend much to fix an old one. Can anyone give me an idea on correcting the no black ink printing or very faint print....
04-11-2014 07:56 AM
If the printer is out of warranty it might be worth soaking the printhead as described below...
1) Get a pan and put 1/2" of very hot (not boiling) water in the bottom.
2) Next remove all the ink cartridges, then remove the printhead assembly.
3) Gently put the printhead nozzles down in the water and let it soak for five minutes.
4) Remove the printhead and gently dry the electrical contacts.
5) Put the printhead back in the printer and then reinstall the ink cartridges.
Can I ask do you switch the printer off when not in use (at the Power button so that the Printhead gets capped properly)
04-11-2014 08:45 AM
I have always used the power switch to turn the printer off. I obtained an print head from HP & new ink cartrages, installed them following HP's instructions. The printer failed the alignment test, still does not print black. I'm begining to think its time for a new printer. With prices of new printers being so low a person can't justify spending very much on repairing a old printer.
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series