Question

Top Student
diggertote
Message 1 of 4 (346 Views)
Accepted Solution

Black text won't print

HP6510 Printer jammed by elderly neighbor: removed jam and tried test print from QUICKEN. Color printed but black would not. Tried text print from WORD that didn't print. Tried again in color which did work. Ran all checks on screen including clean, align etc and tried to print report...still no black. Installed new cartridge and checked for bent parts or loose connections (found none) but got the same results with the same tests (multiple times).

Is there something unique about BLACK?   Replacement cartridges in stock are of greater value than the printer itself.

Can someone point me in a correction direction? Yeah, I guess I asked you to tell me where to go.

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 4 (335 Views)

Black text won't print

[ Edited ]

I understand your printer isn't printing black ink. I would run the clean printhead utility on the printer and make sure cartridges are vented.
I am including a helpful link that may assist.

Click here for link.

Let me know if this helps.

Top Student
diggertote
Message 3 of 4 (331 Views)

Re: Black text won't print

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Previously ran cleaning cycle which did not correct the problem. Removed all cartridges and reseated firmly.

Although this was the second try on this solution, an audible "click" sounded when the black cartridge was reinserted.

Thanks for the support

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 4 of 4 (329 Views)

Re: Black text won't print

Great! Glad its working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation