01-24-2012 07:58 AM
I have just bought a HP Photosmart 5110 All in One Printer B111A and installed it on my laptop which is running Windows XP. The wireless printer set-up went fine but the alignment of the printer fails and attempts to print result in a blank page being printed. I can print an alignment page but only part of the print lines are printed (colour blue and the red arrow at the bottom of the page). I have always used HP printers before so I can tell that this is not a normal printer alignment page. I have performed 'clean printer heads', check printer health and every other test you can think of but to no avail. I think there must be a problem with the black printer cartridge as the other colours will print when printing other checks. Using the print diagnostic tool, downloaded from the internet (rather than the software utility for managing the printer), I finally get a printhead error. Any suggestions for fixing this please or is it a case of returning it to the shop? Barnesfe
01-24-2012 09:24 AM
what kind of cartridges do you use? Do they name SETUP?
And the error you got? Does it display any code on the screen?
01-24-2012 07:46 PM
Hi Zab, thx for your reply. I am using the print cartridges that were provided with the printer (I only bought this 5 days ago). The software acknowledges that they are geunine HP cartridges. There are 4 separate cartridges, black, blue, yellow and pink and the label on the cartridge is marked '564-set-up'. The only error message is reported in the display menu on the actual printer when trying to perform an alignment. The message is the standard HP one i.e. alignment failed - you may continue to print but result might not be OK (approx wording). However if then try to print a page, the page comes out blank. The diagnostic utility run on my laptop reported the 'printhead' failure. All other tests says everything is fine including checking health of print heads, ink levels, cleaning etc. Is this a terminal failure - is so, I need to take it back to the shop today. Otherwise it is t HP service centre which is pain. Thx again, barnesfe
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series