Question

Honor Student
fight4thecure5
Message 1 of 6 (151 Views)

C4599 - Won't print on different size papers - Keeps cutting off most of the image

I can not print on any other page size than 8.5x11. I have tried to print on a 7x5 paper and even redesigned my whole project to fit on a 4x6 size paper (which is a presaved print set up/size) and no matter what I do, every time I print it always cuts off part of the image. I have moved the image half way off the page on the computer and the printer keeps printing only part of the image. I have tired scaling the image to only print on the specific size of paper, still doesn't work. I have all the correct setting in the printing preferences, correct paper size and the printer keeps cutting off the image.  I have waisted so much Ink and Paper trying to fix this issue and annoying. How do I fix this? Is there a setting that I am missing that is hidden in the preference page some where to make the image print correctly on the page? Please help! 

Distinguished Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 6 (148 Views)

Re: C4599 - Won't print on different size papers - Keeps cutting off most of the image

Which OS and version are you on? and which app are you using to print? Are you using the system print dialog (there are page size, paper type, etc. settings in the printer properties to set)?
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Honor Student
fight4thecure5
Message 3 of 6 (146 Views)

Re: C4599 - Won't print on different size papers - Keeps cutting off most of the image

I am using the newest version of Windows 8, I am printing from Micorsoft Office Word 7 and yes, I am using the system print dialog. 

Distinguished Professor
Charles001
Message 4 of 6 (137 Views)

Are you using the newest version of the driver software from hp for windows 8? http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL30130/mp-109997-1/PS_AIO_04_C4500_USW_Full_Win_WW_140_40...
======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

Honor Student
fight4thecure5
Message 5 of 6 (129 Views)

I updated the driver software and now the issue is worse. on an 7x5 page size sheet, it printed the about an inch of the right side of the image on the left side on the sheet. 

Distinguished Professor
Charles001
Message 6 of 6 (117 Views)

[ Edited ]

for 7x5 page, and feeding it by the 7" edge, did you:
1. select 5x7 paper size, and
2. print landscape mode?

Also, you can do "preview" first before actually print on paper to see the result faster and save ink and paper.

* I am an HP employee. *

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation